Citrus Thyme Marinade Recipe is bursting with flavor that pairs perfectly with chicken, beef, or pork! Our Citrus Thyme Basting/Marinade Sauce is one of our family’s very favorite recipes for grilling any variety of protein, plus we love it on vegetables too! Cooking outside on the grill makes for easy summer meals, which is perfect for grilled chicken, beef, pork, and vegetables, and they’re made even more AHhhh-mazing with our Citrus Thyme Basting and Marinade Sauce!
As always, our Fit Friday with Miss Nichole from Pure Clean Fitness is today! So happy that she comes every week to share her awesome fitness knowledge with us! If you want check out more of our Fit Friday posts then CLICK HERE!
Why we love Citrus Thyme Marinade Recipe
If you’re in a pinch and don’t have time to marinade your protein, then whip up this recipe for basting on the grill! After all, it is a little like cooking on the Mojave desert–dry, dry and hot, hot, hot!
Make sure to use your Citrus Thyme grilling sauce and apply it with each rotation so the protein stays nice and moist on the inside.
Citrus Thyme Marinade Recipe & Tips and Tricks for Summer Grilling
- Take meat out of fridge to bring it to room temperature for 20-30 minutes.
- Clean the BBQ grill grate with a metal scraper.
- To reduce sticking spray generously with cooking spray before igniting grill so it does not flame up.
- Preheat your grill on high, scrape again if needed to remove any really tough to remove areas.
- Create heat zones for two stage cooking;
- Stage One: heat one side of grill to high heat; sear the meat on each side for 2 minutes, rotating to get cross-hatching marks.
- Stage Two: heat second side of grill to low or off; place the seared meat here until reaches desired temperature.
- Invest in a high quality probe thermometer.
- To get the best reading; probe the meat on the side inserting the probe into the center of the cut of meat.
- Grilling is a little like cooking on the Mojave desert — dry, dry and hot, hot, hot! Make sure to use your grilling sauce and apply it with each rotation so the protein stay nice and moist on the inside.
- Once meat reaches 5 degrees below desired temperature move to a resting plate and tent with foil to keep warm without sweating.
- Rest meat for 5 minutes to slow the juices.
- Serve and Enjoy!
Nichole with Fit Friday
Fit Friday….Warrior Weekend…Healthy Habits Building, I haven’t decided how I am approaching the weekend. Have you? This has been a week of low motivation and burn out. I know if I can make it til school starts my life will start brighten. I have also found that if I have a workout I am excited about my motivation comes a bit easier, I get in my workout, and I am always happier for it. So let’s throw out a new workout for this Fit Friday.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon raw sugar
- 1 orange; juiced (approx 3/4 cup)
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoon fresh thyme (I use pineapple thyme)
- Place protein in a large zip top plastic bag, fold zip top back to pour in marinade.
- In a small mixing bowl whisk together olive Oil, low sodium soy sauce, orange zest, orange juice, lemon juice, garlic, and thyme leaves.
- Reserve 1/3 cup of the marinade.
- Pour remaining marinade over protein, seal, and knead to coat well.
- Place in fridge for at least 45 minutes and up to 4 hours.
- To cook: remove protein and allow to come to room temperature for 20 minutes.
- Preheat grill on medium high (see tips in post for two stage grilling if desired) coat grate with cooking spray
- Grill protein approximately 15 minutes or until internal temperature reaches desired temperature.
- Repeated baste protein with remaining marinade while grilling to keep it moist.
- Tent protein with foil and allow to rest for 5 minutes- hold over cooking with complete the cook temperature to 5 degrees hotter without drying them out.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 116Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 506mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 1gSugar: 6gProtein: 2g
Enjoy our Citrus Thyme Marinade Recipe and these other grilling recipes too!
- Sweet and Sour Shrimp Skewers
- Grilled Southern Pork Loin Recipe
- Herbed Grilled Chicken Recipe
- Grilled Red Wine and Garlic Elk Steak
- Grilled Pineapple ala Mode
- Applewood Pork Sliders with Apple Slaw Recipe
- Grilled Tandoori Style Chicken
- Grilled Pineapple and Strawberry Salsa
- Herbed Flank Steak
- Grilled Pear, Chicken, Craisin Salad
- Spicy Tequila Elk Steak Fajitas Recipe
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Pineapple Skewers
- Grilled Strawberry Shortcakes
- Greek Lamb Burger with Yogurt Mint Sauce
- Grilled Tarragon Garlic Steak
- Grilled Peach Cobbler
Fire up the grill and enjoy our Citrus Thyme Marinade Recipe on your favorite protein!
We love to hear about your magical cooking moments. If you get a chance to make our recipes then leave us a comment or tag us on Instagram @cookingwithruthie, pin us on Pinterest, or follow along with us on Facebook so we can share in the joy of cooking with you! Please reach out if you have questions or comments via our email: email@example.com. We’re excited to see you again soon!
One more thing before you go…
We love creating recipes and sharing our adventures with you, so if you can do us a huge favor it’d really support us! It’s easier to stay motivated to share our best with you when we hear from you!! We adore our readers and it really makes our day to get comments, social tags/shares, or pins that you save for later to share with your family and friends! Our hearts sing when you do. We SEE you and we do our very best to respond to all the love! It also amps up our mo-jo so we get lots of awesome things done around here.
Thanks for sharing in the CWR blog-love!
Ruthie, Nichole, & Madeliene
- Slow Cooker Sloppy Joes on FOX13
- Grilled Corn, Tomato & Arugula Salad Recipe
- Achiote Beef Cabbage Bowl Recipe
- Mexican Cornbread Pie Recipe
- Cilantro Turkey Lavash Wrap with Pico de Gallo Mayo
- Lemon Garlic Steak Marinade Recipe
- BBQ Pineapple Meatball Skewers Recipe
- Olive Garden Chicken Gnocchi Soup Recipe