YAY! It’s Friday…
I love to have Nichole from Pure Clean Fitness come to hang out with us on Fridays! A healthy recipe from me and Fitness Tips from Nichole keep us healthy and happy all week long.
Nichole is giving us tips for a better ab workout…
Hopefully by now you all know that doing 1000 situps a day is not going to give you the six-pack you have been dreaming of. You also have to do cardio to lose the fat covering up those sexy abs and you have to eat healthy. Ruthie from Cooking with Ruthie is helping with the eat healthy part. Today I am going to give you some great core exercises mixed in with killer cardio moves to help with that extra calorie burn.
Ruthie’s Grilled Pear, Chicken, Craisin Salad with some salad making tips…
I really try to eat a salad everyday! Sometimes, I do really great with this goal of mine and other days, well… I find I’m constantly recommitting myself.
I’ve found the easiest way to make sure that I’m getting my 5 fruits and veggies everyday is to buy them in easy-to-use forms. I love those baby carrots for snacks or to slice up on a salad. I usually buy bags of mixed salad greens that are ready to use too cuz, lets be honest, I don’t want to wash and rinse a bunch of different kinds of lettuce to just make a salad or two for lunch.
I also like keeping lean protein in the fridge (even sandwich meat) or in the freezer that’s already cooked, individually portioned, and right ready to go makes for a simple salad addition.
THEN the fun part… the toppings!
It’s easy to keep a variety of dried fruit and nuts on hand, they add a pop of flavor to your salad. I like to add a little bit of a delightful cheese (which can be omitted if desired). Keeping a variety of fresh fruits and veggies around help to make delicious and nutritious salads anytime of day!
- 2 barlett pears
- 3 cups mixed salad greens
- 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken breast
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 3 tablespoons chevre goat cheese
- olive oil or light dressing of choice
- Scrape and coat grill with cooking spray.
- Preheat grill to medium high.
- Cut pear into quarter, remove seeds, cut each section into 3-4 slices.
- Spray pear with cooking spray and arrange on grill.
- Cook 2-3 minutes per side until grill marked, remove and set aside.
- Divide salad greens, chicken, cranberries, pumpkin seeds, chevre cheese between 2 serving plates.
- Drizzle with olive oil or light dressing of choice.
Have you ever ventured out and thrown fresh pears on the grill? You MUST try… the caramelization and subtle smokey flavor from grilling them is completely amazing! Just keep a close eye on them and pull them off when both sides are nicely grill marked. Eat them warm or cool- either way they’ll wow your taste buds for sure 🙂
Enjoy my Grilled Pear, Chicken, Craisin Salad and Fit Friday’s ab workout tips from Nichole!
Happy Fit Friday!
Much Love and Peace~
Nichole and Ruthie
- Grilled Corn, Tomato & Arugula Salad Recipe
- Banana Bread French Toast w/ Maple Cream Recipe
- Turkey Mushroom Pasta Bake Recipe
- Homemade Sourdough Biscuits Recipe
- Avocado Stuffed Sweet Potato Recipe
- Truffle Macaroni and Cheese Recipe
- Dried Hibiscus Flower & Dark Chocolate Power Bites Recipe
- Hallo-wieners Recipe