Summer Soiree Grilled Pear and Gorgonzola Salad
The next course is Salad and it’s absolutely mouth watering! Grilled Pear and Gorgonzola Salad
- 6 C mixed lettuce leaves, divided
- 2 pears, stem and seed removed
- 2 C purple grapes, halved
- 1 C candied almonds, coarsely chopped
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 4 Tbsp Gorgonzola Cheese
- Balsamic vinegar and olive oil, drizzle
- Olive oil cooking spray
- Preheat grill on high.
- Thinly slice pears, spray each side of the pear with cooking spray, place on hot grill.
- Cook each side 2-3 minutes or until grill marks show and they start to appear translucent.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Prepare 4 individual salad plates; place 1 1/2 C mixed greens, top with 1/2 C halved grapes, 1/4 C chopped almonds, 1 slice of bacon crumbled, 1 Tbsp Gorgonzola, fan 5 grilled pear slices on side of the plate.
*I place bottles of balsamic vinegar and olive oil on the table and let each person dress their salad to their liking. This recipe can be made up to an hour beforehand if covered and refrigerated- reserving the bacon to add as serving.
Summer Soiree… Grilled Pear and Gorgonzola Salad is one of my very favorites!! I LOVE it and I’m sure you will too 🙂
Tomorrow’s delicious main course is… Grilled Lime Chicken, Vegetable Skewers, and Bread!