Summer Soiree Grilled Banana Splits
AND last but not least, dessert! The perfect ending to a fabulous evening… Grilled Banana Splits 🙂
Summer Soiree... Grilled Banana Splits
- 4 bananas with peel
- 1 C milk chocolate chips
- 1 C mini marshmallows
- Vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt
- Caramel ice cream topping
- 4 - 12 inch sheets foil
- Preheat grill to high.
- Cut off stem and end of banana, cut both peel and banana length wise on the inside curve- making sure not to cut completely through the back. Open and lay on a sheet of foil.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips down the center of banana, followed by marshmallows.
- Wrap in foil and roll edges to secure.
- Place on grill, cook 3 minutes per side or until chocolate is melted, marshmallows are soft, and banana is warmed through.
- Open foil, remove banana peel, transfer to serving dish.
- Top with ice cream and caramel sauce.
* This can be a build-your-own dessert where each guest makes their own or it can easily be made beforehand and then it’s all ready to grill!
I tried to keep our Summer Soiree simple and inexpensive… it doesn’t have to cost a lot to enjoy a relaxing evening! I bought all of my tableware and decor (minus the silverware and tablecloth, which I already had) at the local dollar store for approximately $15.00!! SO, get creative and have fun- even on a small budget!!
A Summer Soiree is a wonderful way to connect with friends or family and enjoy a summer’s evening in the yard!
So many thanks to Jen for having me guest post at Tatertots & Jello! I’m so glad I was able to meet Jen at Snap! 2012 blogger convention !! Jen is one of the sweetest bloggers I’ve met so far… she’s just awesome 🙂
** I had a lot of fun putting this Summer Soiree together and I hope you’ll enjoy all these amazing recipes! They are all just SO delicious 🙂
This looks amazing. I am adding it to the list to try this week! Yum!
Oh girl.. you will be SO glad you did!! It’s just YUM 🙂
Looks so tasty! Can’t wait to try it!
Hmmm… You’ll be so happy you did! Easy and delicious!!
Thanks for commenting 🙂
OH YUM! I need to make these ASAP and maybe I won’t feel to guilty eating this dessert because of the banana 😉 It was fun meeting you at our Blogger Dinner a few weeks ago! LOVE your recipe site, I’ll be using it to help plan my meals from now on!
Hi Erin!! It was so nice to meet you too! Thank you for the nice comment… You’ll be SO happy with this recipe AND if you use frozen yogurt, you can’t get rid of a little more of that guilt! 🙂
That looks so yummy, I will have to try this!! Thanks for sharing.