You’ll will LOVE this simple and healthy version of Banana splits. We love Banana Fosters. Banana Fosters Splits are a TON (like… as in a ton, TON) healthier but, they taste almost exactly the same! EXCITING.
You can catch my Banana Fosters recipe with this link… notice the cube of butter, cups of sugar, and ice cream instead of frozen yogurt BUT, hey the flames are really HARD to beat so you gotta try that one sometime too!!!
My kids would HARDLY let me get a picture of this lovely dish… they were anticipating the amazing flavor and fighting over which side they’d get!! Kids will be kids, I GUESS! (it IS good enough to fight over, in case you were wondering?!)
Enjoy! (seriously… DIG right in and enjoy it!!)
Banana Fosters Splits is hard to beat! You will be so happy with this more healthy banana-ie, carmelish, delightful dish… you’re kids will fight over it too, PROMISE!!
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 1 Tbsp melted butter
- 4 bananas, cut length wise
- Top with : Frozen yogurt, sliced almonds, chopped dark chocolate, and raspberries
- Preheat broiler on high, move oven rack closest to the broiler.
- Mix the brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt in a small bowl.
- In another small bowl melt butter in microwave.
- In a 1 ft sheet of foil, place banana cut length wise, brush with melted butter, sprinkle 1 tsp cinnamon mixture on top.
- Fold edges up to form a small baking sheet.
- Place in the center of oven rack and broil for 1-2 minutes until caramelized and slightly browned.
- Remove from oven, place in serving dish.
- Top with frozen yogurt, sliced almonds, dark chocolate, and raspberries. Enjoy!