Little Miss Gabby and I have baked up another fabulous dessert recipe from Kraft Foods but with our own little twist added and we are super excited to share it with y’all…
Banana Foster Pudding Squares and it’s SO simple to make but oh soooo very tasty!
We had a lot of fun making this yummy spring treat! First, we placed our Reduced Fat Nilla Wafers in a gallon zip lock baggie…
Then had a fun time smacking away at them with the back of table spoons to crunch them up really small! (a rolling pin works well too)
We assembled the rest of our Banana Fosters Pudding Dessert and let it get nice and chilly in the fridge… just before serving our yummy dessert to all of Miss Gab’s brothers, we spread on the Cool Whip topping…
Miss Gabby did an awesome job!
AND of course, dessert just isn’t dessert unless it’s all dress up and pretty so we used a microplane and the Baker’s Chocolate that Kraft sent over to garnish 🙂
- 35 Reduced Fat NILLA Wafers, finely crushed (about 1-1/4 cups)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 pkg., 8 oz. PHILADELPHIA Neufchatel Cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tub, 8 oz. COOL WHIP Light Whipped Topping, thawed, divided
- 2 pkg., 1 oz. each JELL-O Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding
- 3 cups cold fat-free milk
- 1/2 oz. BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate, grated
- Banana Foster:
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1/3 C brown sugar
- 3 bananas, sliced
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 1 Tbsp light rum or 1 tsp rum flavoring
- MIX wafer crumbs and margarine; press onto bottom of 13x9-inch dish. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- BEAT Neufchatel and sugar in medium bowl with whisk until blended. Stir in 1-1/2 cups COOL WHIP; spread over crust.
- Make banana foster filling; melt butter in sauce pan over medium high heat, add brown sugar and cook 1-2 minutes, constantly stirring, add milk, stir. Add bananas, stir to coat, remove from heat and add rum. Light on fire to flambe. If using rum flavoring just stir in. Let cool 10 minutes evenly spread over cream cheese mixture.
- BEAT pudding mixes and milk with whisk 2 min.; spread over bananas. Top with remaining COOL WHIP and chocolate. Refrigerate 3 hours.
* this recipe was adapted from Kraft Foods
Check out it this fun video for another delicious dessert idea…
We’ll back tomorrow with one more spring dessert recipe that’s just as fabulous as Classic Angel Flake Cake
and these Banana Foster Pudding Squares all of them to help y’all sweeten up this spring with easy dessert recipes from Kraft!
Happy Spring Baking!
xoxo~ Gabby and Ruthie
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Kraft via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Kraft.