As I drive around town and see all the store fronts and city building decking the halls for the Holiday Season- my mind can’t quite wrap itself around the idea.
Thanksgiving IS here?? with Christmas and New Years right on it’s tail! ‘Thankfully’ I’ve got awesome blog friends because this year they’re so much more on top of it all than I am 🙂
So, with all of that let me introduce you to our Blogger Thanksgiving 2014 and my simply beautiful Autumn Bark creation.
Isn’t it just fun! It’s like twigs and autumn leaves all deliciously set upon a bed of chocolate. Wouldn’t it make a fun take away gift for your guests from Thanksgiving Feast, a beautiful reminder of the wonderful memories and the good food shared.
Let me introduce you to the Blogger Thanksgiving 2014 ladies…
Ashlee from Ashlee Marie.com
Jesseca from Butter with a Side of Bread
Kara from Creations by Kara.com
Aimee from Like Mother Like Daughter.org
Ruthie from Cooking with Ruthie.com
Of course, y’all get to partake in the delicious, creative, expression of love that over-flowed at our Blogger Thanksgiving 2014. Make sure to check out each of our ladies individual blogs through the coming week for all of these mouth-watering recipes…
- 1 1/4 C semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1 C white chocolate chips
- 1 tsp canola oil, divided
- 1/4 C dried snipped apricots
- 1/4 C dried cherries, snipped in half
- 1/4 C dried cranberries or black raisins
- 1/4 C golden raisins
- 1/2 C raw almonds, rough chop
- 1 large piece parchment paper
- Lay parchment paper on flat working surface.
- In a small glass bowl add 1 C semi-sweet chocolate chips and 1/2 tsp canola oil.
- Microwave 30 seconds, stir well.
- Microwave 15 seconds more, stir until smooth.
- Repeat additional 15 seconds if needed but don't burn.
- Pour onto parchment paper and spread with an off set spatula until 1/4 inch thick and even.
- (reserve this bowl)
- Set aside to cool and set. (if you are in a hurry- you can speed the cool time in the fridge for 5-10 minutes but don't let it go brittle)
- Once semi-sweet chocolate is set, melt white chocolate and 1/2 tsp canola oil in clean bowl but in the same manor as directed above.
- Working quickly before semi-sweet chocolate can melt- evenly pour white chocolate on semi-sweet base, quickly spread to cover semi-sweet base.
- Immediately sprinkle assorted dried fruits and almond pieces on top of white chocolate.
- Melt remaining semi-sweet chocolate in that bowl, using a fork in a back and forth motion over the top to apply stripes.
- Allow to cool to set and break into roughly 2 inch square pieces.
- Serve and Enjoy!
I am so thankful that each of you spend a little of your time with me… I hope you get all kinds of yummy ideas to share with your family and friends for Thanksgiving this year.