Our Autumn M&M Blondies Recipe are a tasty fun and festive autumn inspired treat for the whole family! These blondie brownies are a childhood favorite of mine. The original blondie recipe is one that’s been passed down from my Gram– she inspired this blog! We love sharing our family favorites and plenty of new creations too! We hope you’ll love baking our Autumn M&M Blondies Recipe this year. Happy Autumn! 🙂
Share the love with our Autumn M&M Blondies Recipe
I know you’ll love them AND of course sharing the love of our Autumn M&M Blondies Recipe is half the fun! Slice them and take some to your family and friends! I love blonde brownies. This recipe is a spin off of my Gram’s blondie recipe– I changed it up a bit. I took them with me to a gathering a few weeks ago and they were quite a hit AND what’s not to love about them? All we need is a glass of ice cold milk! Mmmmmm mmmm.
Ingredients for our Autumn M&M Blondies Recipe
- Flour- Today we using unbleached flour which has been aged naturally after being milled. It has an off-white color, which continues to dull as it ages, and a more dense grain than bleached flour.
- Granulated Sugar- Granulated sugar is also sometimes known as white sugar, or “regular” sugar. Granulated sugar has had all of the naturally present molasses refined out of it. The fine crystals in granulated sugar don’t cake together, which makes it perfect for measuring, sprinkling onto food and dissolving into drinks.
- Butter- I can’t emphasize enough the importance of bringing your butter and eggs to room temperature. It’s the foundation of building a creamy, smooth dough. If I have enough time before baking I will set butter out on the counter to reach room temperature. If I’m running tight on time then I will place my butter in the microwave for 5-10 seconds but BE CAREFUL not to melt it. . . at all! It’s better for the butter to be a little stiff then even a tiny bit melted. The friction of the beaters as it mixes will warm it the rest of the way; just cream/mix it a little longer, if needed, to get that creamy-smooth and fluffy consistency we are looking for.
- Eggs- I place my eggs in a small bowl of very warm water while I’m gathering all the other ingredients and prepping to bake then when I’m ready to add them into the batter they have reached the perfect temperature! Add your eggs one at a time and cream for 2 minutes, then scape the bowl down using a rubber spatula, and add the next egg. This is the best way to be sure the eggs are incorporated evenly into the batter. Beating each egg individually is essential because eggs act as a leavener which brings the loft (height) into your baked goods.
- Leaveners- We are using both baking powder and baking soda (as mentioned above eggs and incorporating air are also leaveners) in our Autumn M&M Blondies Recipe. When a recipe contains baking powder and baking soda, the baking powder does most of the leavening. It is preferred to use both because too much baking powder causes the batter to be bitter tasting and produces a tough crumb. Both baking powder and baking soda are chemical leavening agents that cause batters to rise when baked. The leavener enlarges the bubbles which are already present in the batter produced through creaming of ingredients.
- Liquids- vanilla and milk for moisture.
- Mix-in’s- mini chocolate chips and autumn colored M&M’s
How to make our Autumn M&M Blondies Recipe
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Coat half sheet pan (18×13 inches) with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and sea salt; whisk to combine.
- In a separate mixing bowl cream butter and cream cheese.
- Add sugar and cream 2-3 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and mix well and scrape bowl.
- Add milk; mix.
- Add dry ingredients all at once and mix until 80% incorporated.
- Add mini chocolate chips and mix just until combined.
- Spread into prepared pan and evenly spread autumn M&M’s over dough.
- Bake 20-22 minutes until edges are very lightly browned (do not over cook).
- Cool on cooling rack.
- Cut and Serve!
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 233Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 24mgSodium: 162mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 1gSugar: 22gProtein: 3g
Autumn M&M Blondies Recipe will be a welcome addition to any of your autumn gatherings this year!
We love to hear about your magical cooking moments. If you get a chance to make our recipes then leave us a comment or tag us on Instagram @cookingwithruthie, pin us on Pinterest, or follow along with us on Facebook so we can share in the joy of cooking with you! Please reach out if you have questions or comments via our email: firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re excited to see you again soon!
One more thing before you go…
We love creating recipes and sharing our adventures with you, so if you can do us a huge favor it’d really support us! It’s easier to stay motivated to share our best with you when we hear from you!! We adore our readers and it really makes our day to get comments, social tags/shares, or pins that you save for later to share with your family and friends! Our hearts sing when you do. We SEE you and we do our very best to respond to all the love! It also amps up our mo-jo so we get lots of awesome things done around here.
Thanks for sharing in the CWR blog-love!
Ruthie & Madeliene