Sourdough Chocolate Chunk Almond Butter Blondies give us a healthier way to satisfy that sweet tooth!
And of course, Fit Friday!! Nichole at Pure Clean Fitness is up!
Sourdough Chocolate Chunk Almond Butter Blondies are full of goodness and taste like it, too!
I’m forever grateful that my mom taught me intuitive eating from a young age. I still remember her saying, “It’s totally okay to have a cookie (or any sweet), just have 1 or 2, there is no need to have 10!” Eat until your body is full and satisfied with ANY kind of food! I love that I am free to enjoy, seriously enjoy, eating sweets like I do any “healthy” food. And to be honest, it’s not often that I even want sweets because my mind and body know that they are “aloud” to have them! There are no restrictions with intuitive eating– just learning how to truly listen to your body in every way. How beautiful is that?! I hope you all will sincerely enjoy some sourdough chocolate chunk almond butter blondies with me… or any yummy treat for that matter. 🙂
More like Sourdough Chocolate Chunk Almond Butter Blondies:
- Apple Cinnamon Whole Wheat Cookies
- Peanut Butter, Banana, Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Nutella White Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
- Mango Coconut Cookies
- Orange Chocolate Chip Cookies
I had an interesting conversation this week with a friend about being hurt versus being injured, knowing when you can keep going and when you need to stop and let some healing happen. We have all dealt with both in life, there is no way you have lived without feeling some sort of hurt or some sort of injury. How do you determine when it is ok to stretch for a second and keep going or when you need to throw in the towel for the day/week?
I have been training for almost twenty years and in that time I have watched some very determined people push through a lot of hurt in order to make achieve goals. I have also seen a lot of people give up at the slightest hurt, calling an injury time out and never make it back. For today’s Fit Tips I wanted to talk about a few ways to determine if you are hurt or injured.
Work hard! Work smart! And have a great and healthy day!
Sourdough Chocolate Chunk Almond Butter Blondies are happiness in a pan!
Nichole, Ruthie, & Madeliene
Sourdough Chocolate Chunk Almond Butter Blondies
- 1 cup sourdough starter
- 1 cup organic almond butter
- 2/3 cup butter room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar or replacer
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour plus more if needed to make formable dough
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 to 2 cups dark chocolate chunks optional
- 1 tsp cardamom spice optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and coat 9x13 pan with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl beat butter 2 minutes until creamy, add sugar; beat additional 3-4 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time; cream well and scrape bowl.
- Add sourdough starter, peanut butter, and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, and sea salt.
- Fold in the dark chocolate chunks and cardamom spice
- Press into the bottom of prepared 9x13 pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 18-20 minutes.