Banana Sourdough Pancakes are the best pancakes ever and they’re sure to take breakfast to an all new level!
I’m so excited to share this sourdough start pancake recipe with you… it’s delicious and super easy. I was checking out other sourdough pancake recipes online and from what I saw, the recipes all required sitting over night. Then the next day make up the pancakes but I’d much rather just be able to make them when I want them and not have to wait around.
Have you started a sourdough start yet? I wish you would join in the fun cuz it adds a delightful tang to recipes and of course offers other benefits too!
Here’s a great sourdough started recipe from King Arthur Flour with some awesome tips and tricks for taking care of it. It needs a little bit of love in the form of flour and water a couple times a week if it lives out of the fridge. If you keep it in the fridge then once a week will do it!
Banana Sourdough Pancakes
Banana Sourdough Pancakes are the best pancakes ever and they're sure to take breakfast to an all new level!
- 2 cups sourdough start
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup powdered milk
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup mashed banana
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 bananas sliced 1/4 inch rounds
- serve with pure maple syrup and additional bananas if desired
- In a large mixing bowl combine sourdough start, egg, powdered milk, mashed banana, cinnamon, and olive oil; mix to incorporate.
- In a small mixing bowl combine maple syrup and baking soda; mix well.
- Add small mixture to large and gently stir, will foam and thicken as you stir.
- Preheat skillet over medium-high heat, adding 1/4 teaspoon olive oil and 1/4 teaspoon butter with each batch of pancakes to keep the skillet coated.
- Add 1/4-1/3 cup batter to skillet for each pancake, add 4-5 banana slices to each pancake; cook until bubbles appear and then flip for additional minute.
- Serve hot off the griddle with additional syrup and banana slices if desired.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 97Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 16mgSodium: 163mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 1gSugar: 11gProtein: 2g
You’ll have so much fun with your sourdough start and for more inspiration check out these other Sourdough Recipes!
Enjoy our Banana Sourdough Pancakes this weekend with your family!
Much Love and Peace~
Leave a Reply