Our Sourdough Pumpkin Bread Recipe has a light pumpkin flavor with a delicious touch of sourdough tang– it’s amazing!
Why we love Sourdough Pumpkin Loaf Recipe
Have you started a sourdough start yet? I wish you would join in the fun cuz it adds a delightful tang to recipes and of course offers other benefits too!
This loaf takes a little processing time- it has to sit overnight to work it’s sourdough awesomeness. Then add in the rest of ingredients the next day and bake it off.
It’s easy but just remember to plan on 12-24 hours for it do it’s sourdough magic.
Ingredients in Sourdough Pumpkin Loaf Recipe
- fresh sourdough starter
- pumpkin puree
- honey or agave
- sea salt
- pumpkin pie spice
- baking soda
- baking powder
- pumpkin seeds
Helpful baking tips for higher elevations
- If you live 3,000 feet above sea level or more it is considered high elevation and may take longer to cook/bake.
- Adjustments are needed for 5000+ feet and above:
- Reduce baking powder: for each teaspoon, decrease 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon.
- Reduce sugar: for each cup, decrease 2 tablespoons.
- Increase liquid: for each cup, add 2 to 4 tablespoons.
- Increase oven temperature by 25 degrees F.
- Check if it is done a little early.
- This takes some trial and error to get it right for you.
Learn more HERE
Fit Friday with Nichole
I am a fan of routine and schedules, kind of. I like having my days structured but within that structure I also need to have some flexibility. Is that thoroughly confusing for the rest of you? Because to me it makes perfect sense.
I lift three days a week, I know that and I have that as part of my routine. The flexibility come in with how that strength session looks is totally dependent on how the rest of my week is looking (running schedule), how my body is feeling, and what is available at the gym that day.
This week I am focusing on a strength session that will require a barbell, a rig or pull-up bar, and a box or bench
. If you just said, “I’m out,” with the pull-up bar give me a chance.
Yes, I love pull-ups and I have been doing them since I was in college but you don’t have to be able to do pull-ups unassisted for this workout. If you aren’t there I want you to grab a box or a bench to put under that bar and you are going to do jumping pull-ups today.
Now that we cleared that up let’s get to it.
- 1⅓ cups fresh sourdough starter
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 2/3 cups flour
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup honey or agave, warmed to a pourable consistency
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 tablespoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- In a large non-metallic bowl; beat together sourdough starter, pumpkin, milk, and flour.
- Cover with saran wrap and ferment in a warm place for 12-24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Coat 9x5 loaf pan with cooking spray; set aside.
- When ready to bake, beat together melted butter, egg, and honey in a small bowl.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together salt, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Mix butter mixture into sourdough batter until mostly combined.
- Sprinkle dry ingredients over the dough and stir in until just combined.
- Pour into prepared loaf pan.
- Sprinkle top of loaf with pumpkin seeds.
- Bake 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes, turn out and complete cooling on rack.
- Cool completely before slicing.
- Enjoy your Sourdough Pumpkin Bread Recipe!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 345Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 44mgSodium: 507mgCarbohydrates: 56gFiber: 3gSugar: 16gProtein: 7g
More Sourdough Recipes
- Apple Cinnamon Bread with Vanilla Bean Frosting
- Smoked Gouda and Chive Sourdough Artisan Loaf
- Sourdough Banana Zucchini Bread
- Blueberry Sourdough Pancakes
- Sourdough Pumpkin Bread
- Gingerbread Cake with White Chocolate Ganach
- Vanilla Poppy Seed Friendship Loaf
- Cranberry Orange Loaf with Orange Zest Frosting
Today’s Sourdough Pumpkin Loaf Recipe is the best of autumn baking!
One more thing before you go…
We love creating recipes and sharing our adventures with you, so if you can do us a huge favor it’d really support us! It’s easier to stay motivated to share our best with you when we hear from you! We adore our readers and it really makes our day to get comments, social tags/shares, or pins that you save for later to share with your family and friends.
Our hearts sing when you do.
We SEE you and we do our very best to respond to all the love! It also amps up our mo-jo so we get lots of awesome things done around here. Please reach out if you have questions or comments via our email: firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re excited to see you again soon!
Thanks for sharing in the CWR blog-love!
Ruthie & Madeliene
- Turkey, Sweet Potato, & Blue Cheese Salad Recipe
- Turkey Mushroom Pasta Bake Recipe
- Maple & Pecan Sweet Potato Casserole Recipe
- Herbed Braided Breadsticks w/ Broccoli Cheese Soup Recipe
- Pumpkin Bars with Cinnamon Frosting Recipe
- Skinny Baked Pumpkin Donuts Recipe
- Cranberry Pomegranate Cocktail Recipe
- Pumpkin Pancakes with Caramel Cinnamon Syrup
- Hot Turkey Provolone Sandwich with Basil Mayo Recipe
- Rosemary Citrus Turkey Recipe
- Grandma Linda's Rolls Recipe
- 25 Delish Autumn Desserts