Today’s Sourdough Zucchini Bread Recipe has an amazing flavor profile– a subtle tang of sourdough with banana and zucchini!
Why we love Sourdough Zucchini Bread Recipe
Our Sourdough Zucchini Bread Recipe is a sweet loaf that uses overripe banana’s and some of those zucchini growing like crazy out in the garden!
If you don’t have a sourdough starter than simply replace it with the same amount of sour cream.
Either way you’ll love it!
Ingredients in Sourdough Zucchini Bread Recipe
- very ripe bananas
- sourdough starter or sour cream
- pure vanilla extract
- all-purpose flour
- baking powder
- baking soda
- ground cinnamon
- ground nutmeg
- sea salt
- zucchini squash
Fit Friday with Nichole
Happy Fit Friday. We are talking about one of my favorite movements, single led deadlifts. Why is it a favorite? I am so glad you asked.
Single leg deadlifts allow for me to work strength while also working stability, both are very much needed in my life. One of the biggest benefits for me is to improve hip mechanics.
New to a Sourdough Starter?
We hope our The Ultimate Sourdough Starter Guide will guide you on your adventures in the world of sourdough!
The Ultimate Sourdough Starter Guide is filled with everything you ever want or need to know about a sourdough starter! What is it? How to does it work? How do I take care of it? AND the very best part… a lot of recipes we’ve created, love, and crave again and again!
I often introduce my sourdough start as “the love of my life” and people think I’m kidding… but I’m really not!
- 2/3 cups butter, room temperature
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 4 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 cups sourdough starter or sour cream
- 3 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 4 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups shredded, unpeeled zucchini squash
- Preheat oven 350 degrees F.
- Coat with cooking spray two 9x5-inch loaf pans or 4 petite loaf pans; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy; add eggs one at a time, blending and scraping after each addition.
- Stir in mashed bananas and sourdough starter.
- Stir in the vanilla extract; set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and sea salt.
- Add the flour mixture and mix until 80% incorporated.
- Add shredded zucchini squash to the mixture, stirring just until blended.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pans.
- Bake 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes on cooling rack, invert to remove and finish cooling.
- Slice and enjoy your Sourdough Zucchini Bread Recipe.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 256Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 45mgSodium: 236mgCarbohydrates: 46gFiber: 2gSugar: 20gProtein: 5g
More Sourdough Recipes
- Apple Cinnamon Bread with Vanilla Bean Frosting
- Smoked Gouda and Chive Sourdough Artisan Loaf
- Sourdough Banana Zucchini Bread
- Blueberry Sourdough Pancakes
- Sourdough Pumpkin Bread
- Gingerbread Cake with White Chocolate Ganach
- Vanilla Poppy Seed Friendship Loaf
- Cranberry Orange Loaf with Orange Zest Frosting
Sourdough Zucchini Bread Recipe
One more thing before you go…
We love creating recipes and sharing our adventures with you, so if you can do us a huge favor it’d really support us! It’s easier to stay motivated to share our best with you when we hear from you! We adore our readers and it really makes our day to get comments, social tags/shares, or pins that you save for later to share with your family and friends.
Our hearts sing when you do.
We SEE you and we do our very best to respond to all the love! It also amps up our mo-jo so we get lots of awesome things done around here. Please reach out if you have questions or comments via our email: email@example.com. We’re excited to see you again soon!
Thanks for sharing in the CWR blog-love!
Ruthie & Madeliene
- Cranberry Orange Scones Recipe
- Oatmeal, Candied Walnut, Raisin Cookies Recipe
- Thai Chicken Flatbread w/ Cilantro Yogurt Sauce Recipe
- Sweet & Spicy Candied Pecans Recipe
- Cherry Prosecco Spritzer Recipe
- Easy Lemon Sorbet Recipe
- Grilled Chicken with Spicy Mayo Sandwich Recipe
- Honey Molasses Baked Beans Recipe