Our Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread Recipe is a flavorful summer time loaf that’s sure to make the whole family very, very happy! Today’s zucchini bread recipe is from Culinary School–it’s perfect! This luscious zucchini loaf has a moist crumb a mild zucchini flavor and milk chocolate chips. All you need is a tall glass of milk to fully enjoy a warm slice!
Why we love Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread Recipe
Today’s Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread is a favorite of mine from Culinary School–believe me when I tell you that it was fine tuned to the extreme by my baking and pastries class!! This recipe is the BEST zucchini bread recipe out there! 🙂
It’ll also help use up some of those zucchini growing like crazy in your garden. Or if you don’t grow a garden then grab some at your local farmers market this weekend and bake up a loaf.
Fresh zucchini is so good, I love it grilled, steamed, or baked into breads and cakes. It’s all just SOoooo delicious! 🙂
Helpful baking tips for higher elevations
- If you live 3,000 feet above sea level or more it is considered high elevation and may take longer to cook/bake.
- Adjustments are needed for 5000+ feet and above:
- Reduce baking powder: for each teaspoon, decrease 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon.
- Reduce sugar: for each cup, decrease 2 tablespoons.
- Increase liquid: for each cup, add 2 to 4 tablespoons.
- Increase oven temperature by 25 degrees F.
- Check if it is done a little early.
- This takes some trial and error to get it right for you.
Learn more HERE
Fit Friday with Nichole
Good luck in school!!!!
Well, we made it through the week. On top of it being the first week of school for three of my kiddos we have had crazy rains, flooding throughout our neighborhood, and smokey skies from fires throughout the West Coast. If you live in Utah you have heard about air quality and you know it has been bad! I am one of those people that learned years ago during inversiony winters to check the air quality. The Air Quality Index (A.Q.I.) can easily be found and has become a great reference number for me.
If the A.Q.I. is above 100 I don’t run outside, or on the treadmill in my garage since that air is the exact same as outside. I know that this is an individual choice, but for me I stick to the 100 rule for the sake of my health.
What are the dangers of breathing air with a high AQI?
Poor air quality can irritate the eyes, nose, and throat, cause shortness of breath, aggravate asthma and other respiratory conditions, and affect the heart and cardiovascular system. Breathing polluted air for long periods of time can cause more serious problems. -Spare the Air
Aggravated respiratory disease such as emphysema, bronchitis and asthma. Lung damage, even after symptoms such as coughing or a sore throat disappear. Wheezing, chest pain, dry throat, headache or nausea. Reduced resistance to infections. -Spare the Air
- 4 eggs
- 1 ½ cups sugar or coconut sugar
- 1 cup coconut oil or canola oil
- 1 cup zucchini, shredded and packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups + 2 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon cloves
- 1 cup cup milk chocolate chips or raisins --½ cup chocolate chips for garnish if desired
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Generously coat 2- 9x11 loaf pans with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl add dry ingredients; whisk to combine.
- In a standing mixer with the beater attachment whip eggs for 2 minutes, add sugar or coconut sugar and mix on medium speed for 4 minutes.
- Slowly drizzle in liquid coconut oil or canola oil while mixing on low.
- Add vanilla and mix.
- Add all of dry ingredients at once and mix on low until 80% combined.
- Add zucchini and chocolate chips or raisins; stir in by hand.
- Divide batter between prepared pans.
- Sprinkle ¼ cup chocolate chips on top of each loaf, if desired.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes
- *chocolate chips or raisins are optional.
- Cool and Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 509Total Fat: 33gSaturated Fat: 23gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 78mgSodium: 394mgCarbohydrates: 51gFiber: 2gSugar: 47gProtein: 5g
More Zucchini Recipes
Zucchini Chocolate Chip Bread Recipe is a moist and delicious loaf you’ll be craving all summer!
One more thing before you go…
We love creating recipes and sharing our adventures with you, so if you can do us a huge favor it’d really support us! It’s easier to stay motivated to share our best with you when we hear from you! We adore our readers and it really makes our day to get comments, social tags/shares, or pins that you save for later to share with your family and friends.
Our hearts sing when you do.
We SEE you and we do our very best to respond to all the love! It also amps up our mo-jo so we get lots of awesome things done around here. Please reach out if you have questions or comments via our email: email@example.com. We’re excited to see you again soon!
Thanks for sharing in the CWR blog-love!
Ruthie & Madeliene
- Grilled Corn, Tomato & Arugula Salad Recipe
- Banana Bread French Toast w/ Maple Cream Recipe
- Strawberry Lime Refresher Recipe
- Papaya Pineapple Salsa Recipe
- Green Chili Black Beans Recipe
- Steak & Linguini Pasta with Creamy Tomato Basil Sauce Recipe
- Grilled Pineapple Chipotle BBQ Sauce Recipe
- Chicken Brochettes and Fit Friday