Crust-less Zucchini Pie
Crust-less Zucchini Pie is a savory pie that tastes just wonderful. I must admit this is my first time making a dish like this and we thoroughly enjoyed it.
As the weather cools down around our neck of the woods, our garden is slowing down too. BUT, our little zucchini plants keep producing so, when I saw this recipe on Pinterest I thought it looked like a delicious way to use up some of our zucchini!
- 10 oz zucchini, shredded and liquid squeezed out
- 1/2 C green onions, minced
- 1/4 C fresh chives, chopped
- 1/2 C shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 C white wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2/3 C low-fat milk
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 Tbsp grated parmesan
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray pie dish with cooking spray, set aside.
- In a mixing bowl combine zucchini, green onions, chives, mozzarella- mix until combined.
- Evenly distribute into pan.
- In mixing bowl combine milk, olive oil, eggs, salt, and pepper- mix well.
- Add flour and baking powder, mix well, pour onto zucchini mixture in pan.
- Top with sprinkled parmesan.
- Bake 30-35 minutes until knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool 5 minutes and serve warm.
* I adapted this recipe from Skinny Taste
Crust-less Zucchini Pie… would be fabulous as a side dish or even served with some yummy whole grain toast a weekend brunch 🙂
If you’ve still got zucchini growing in your gardens or just want a yummy new dish to try- you’ll love this recipe!