Our Chocolate Chunk Pumpkin Bread Recipe is a hearty loaf with autumn spices + pumpkin puree + dark chocolate = fall perfection! Now all you need is a tall glass of milk… Enjoy!
Why we love Chocolate Chunk Pumpkin Bread Recipe
Today’s Chocolate Chunk Pumpkin Bread Recipe has all the pumpkin-feels-good vibes for Fall! I’ve been CRAVING pumpkin everything since end of July.
And it’s finally here!
Ingredients in Chocolate Chunk Pumpkin Bread Recipe
- granulated sugar
- light brown sugar
- fresh sourdough start or sour cream
- pureed pumpkin
- cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves
- sea salt
- baking soda
- dark chocolate chunks
Helpful baking tips for higher elevations
- If you live 3,000 feet above sea level or more it is considered high elevation and may take longer to cook/bake.
- Adjustments are needed for 5000+ feet and above:
- Reduce baking powder: for each teaspoon, decrease 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon.
- Reduce sugar: for each cup, decrease 2 tablespoons.
- Increase liquid: for each cup, add 2 to 4 tablespoons.
- Increase oven temperature by 25 degrees F.
- Check if it is done a little early.
- This takes some trial and error to get it right for you.
Learn more HERE
Sourdough Starter Information
Do you have a sourdough starter? If you want to learn more read The Ultimate Sourdough Starter Guide
I love mine so much but if you don’t happen to have one in your kitchen then replace the sourdough start with sour cream.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup fresh sourdough start or sour cream
- 1 cup canned pureed pumpkin
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven 350 degrees F.
- Coat 9x5 pan with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl cream butter.
- Add sugars and cream 3-4 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add egg; mix 2 minutes.
- Add vanilla, sourdough start, and pumpkin; mix to incorporate.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, spices, sea salt, and baking soda; use a whisk to combine.
- Add flour mixture all at once to wet ingredients; mix until 80% incorporated.
- Add dark chocolate chunks; gently mix with spatula to combine.
- Do not over mix- a few lumps are okay.
- Evenly spread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 45-60 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center removes clean.
- If at 45 minutes the top of the loaf looks very browned, set a piece of foil over the top to protect over browning. ( I needed to do this)
- Cool on rack for 10 minutes, turn out and complete cooling.
- Slice and serve.
- Enjoy Chocolate Chunk Pumpkin Sourdough Bread Recipe!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 336Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 45mgSodium: 387mgCarbohydrates: 49gFiber: 2gSugar: 25gProtein: 5g
More Pumpkin Recipes
- Chocolate Chunk Pumpkin Overnight Oats
- Skinny Pumpkin Cream Cheese Loaf
- Pumpkin Bars with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
- Pumpkin Pancakes w/ Carmel Cinnamon Syrup
- Gluten-Free Pumpkin Chocolate Chunk Biscotti
- Homemade Pumpkin Pie
- Pecan Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal
- Pumpkin Pie Galette
- Pumpkin Bars
- Pumpkin Spice Bars
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Dip
Today’s Chocolate Chunk Pumpkin Bread Recipe is a fun way to kick off Fall!
One more thing before you go…
We love creating recipes and sharing our adventures with you, so if you can do us a huge favor it’d really support us! It’s easier to stay motivated to share our best with you when we hear from you! We adore our readers and it really makes our day to get comments, social tags/shares, or pins that you save for later to share with your family and friends.
Our hearts sing when you do.
We SEE you and we do our very best to respond to all the love! It also amps up our mo-jo so we get lots of awesome things done around here. Please reach out if you have questions or comments via our email: firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re excited to see you again soon!
Thanks for sharing in the CWR blog-love!
Ruthie & Madeliene
- Turkey, Sweet Potato, & Blue Cheese Salad Recipe
- Maple & Pecan Sweet Potato Casserole Recipe
- Herbed Braided Breadsticks w/ Broccoli Cheese Soup Recipe
- Skinny Baked Pumpkin Donuts Recipe
- Grilled Red Wine and Garlic Elk Steak Recipe
- Rice Pudding Smoothie Recipe
- Green Tea Protein Smoothie Recipe
- Cranberry Pomegranate Cocktail Recipe
- Baked Banana Bread Donuts with Browned Butter Glaze Recipe
- Creme de Mint Pie Recipe
- Apple Pie Bites Recipe
- Sweet Potato Casserole with Pecan Topping Recipe