Butterscotch Chocolate Chunk Cookies are the perfect treat for fall! The orange of the butterscotch chips and the brown of the chocolate chunks are beautiful autumn colors, then add the delicious cookie dough that wraps them all up together and that makes them truly… perfect 🙂
I love to bake. Cookies are awesome because they can go just about everywhere, they’re easy to transport, and everyone’s always SO happy to see them! We like to keep a bag of cookies in the freezer to put in school lunches or just to have handy for when that sweet tooth decides to pop in.
Butterscotch Chocolate Chunk Cookies are made even better with the sprinkling of sea salt on top~ it’s not necessary but it adds a little flavor pop that’s hard to beat! You’ll be so glad you remembered to add it onto each dough ball before baking.
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup salted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chunks
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- Extra sea salt, for sprinkling on cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Coat cookie sheet with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sea salt, baking soda, and baking powder; set aside.
- Cream butter and sugars together until light and creamy; about 5 minutes.
- Add the eggs one at a time; scraping bowl down with each addition.
- Add vanilla extract; cream 2 more minutes.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet in two parts and mix until 80% combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chunks and butterscotch chips.
- Roll dough into 2 inch balls or use a large cookie scoop onto prepared baking sheet.
- Add a sprinkle of sea salt on top of each dough ball.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until the edges are slightly golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer cookies to a wire cooling rack and cool completely.
You’ll love our Butterscotch Chocolate Chunk Cookies anytime of year but they’re especially festive in the fall!
Much Love and Peace~