Our Chocolate Custard Cake With Caramelized Bananas Recipe is a decadent chocolate dessert that’s sure to delight every guest at your table! In celebration of Mothers Day this weekend, we hope to inspire you with this tantalizing chocolate dessert. The momma’s in your life will be so impressed when they sit down to this chocolate custard cake! A quick and easy caramelized banana plus ice cream creates flavors that will leave you speechless! OMG. It’s simple to make right at home AND tastes like it came from the most luscious pastry shop in town! Spoil mom this year with our Chocolate Banana Custard Cake with Caramelized Bananas Recipe! 🙂
Luscious Chocolate Custard Cake With Caramelized Bananas Recipe for Mother’s Day!
I feel like we all have people in our lives who take on the special role of mothering and sometimes more than one. Whether it is our biological-mom, adopted-mom, step-mom, grand-mom, auntie-mom, friend-mom, AND you get the idea. We all mother and are mothered by plenty of different people through out our lives! After all “Mothering” is one of the things we women do BEST!
My mom is amazing… she taught me to cook, sew, and clean. She taught me to be frugal, to be creative, and make the best of what life brings. She taught me to be kind to all people and to be charitable. She taught me to always have good friends and more importantly to BE a good friend.
My mom taught me how to stand on my own two feet. She taught me that I come from a rich heritage of strong women. She taught me to be accountable, honest, to finish what I start, and take pride in my work! She taught me to pray, to find my own path, and to be grateful for everything I’m given. She taught me that when life gets hard–ya just keep on going and somehow the pieces eventually come together.
As I think about all the important things my mom taught me… I realize she learned the exact same things from her mom, who learned from her mother, and on back through the generations. So, when being a Mom feels a little less than glorious always remember that we are shaping future generations RIGHT NOW. This very second. We are making a huge impact just by being good Mothers however we have the opportunity to “mother”! Mothering comes in different ways as we go through life we can touch the lives of so many people with this gift of loving and nurturing that woman are blessed with.
Enjoy our Chocolate Custard Cake With Caramelized Bananas Recipe and some of these chocolate desserts, too!
- 1 ½ cups salted butter
- 1 ¾ cups dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup banana puree
- 6 large eggs
- ¾ cups sugar
- 1/2 gallon vanilla bean ice cream
- Passion Fruit Gelee:
- 1 cup passion fruit purée
- ¼ cup cold water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon gelatin powder
- Caramelized Banana Slices:
- 3 bananas, sectioned for garnish
- ½ cup brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- For water bath: place a baking sheet in the center of the oven on the center rack, add 2 cups hot water to pan.
- Coat with cooking spray a 10x13 baking pan, line with parchment paper and spray again; set aside.
- Melt butter and chocolate in a double boiler over the stove or microwaveable bowl.
- In a separate bowl add eggs and sugar; whisk to combine.
- To temper eggs take a small mixing bowl add 1/3 cup egg mixture and 3 tablespoons chocolate mixture; stir to combine.
- Slowly whisking temper into egg mixture; whisk until completely incorporated.
- Add pureed banana; whisk to combine.
- Pour into prepared parchment lined pan, place pan in oven in the center of water bath.
- Add 1-2 cups more hot water or until water is almost to the rim of baking sheet.
- Cook 45-50 minutes or until center of cake is firm to the touch.
- Remove from water bath and cool on cooling rack.
- Chill completely before serving.
- Passion Fruit Gelee:
- Dissolve gelatin in cold water.
- In a medium saucepan add passion fruit puree, sugar and bring to room temperature (125 degrees F), add gelatin, cook over medium heat for 1 minute to dissolve.
- Do not boil.
- Pour into a 8x8 baking pan, refrigerate until set, then cut into small squares to garnish plate.
- Caramelized Banana Slices: just before serving prepare banana garnish.
- Place sections banana’s into 3-inch sections and sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Using a kitchen torch, heat brown sugar to melt and caramelize.
- Serve cake with scoop of vanilla bean ice cream, caramelized banana slices, and Passion Fruit Gelee .
We hope your day is beautifully sweet in every way and you make our Chocolate Custard Cake With Caramelized Bananas Recipe too!
We love to hear about your magical cooking moments. If you get a chance to make our recipes then leave us a comment or tag us on Instagram @cookingwithruthie, pin us on Pinterest, or follow along with us on Facebook so we can share in the joy of cooking with you! Please reach out if you have questions or comments via our email: firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re excited to see you again soon!
One more thing before you go…
We love creating recipes and sharing our adventures with you, so if you can do us a huge favor it’d really support us! It’s easier to stay motivated to share our best with you when we hear from you!! We adore our readers and it really makes our day to get comments, social tags/shares, or pins that you save for later to share with your family and friends! Our hearts sing when you do. We SEE you and we do our very best to respond to all the love! It also amps up our mo-jo so we get lots of awesome things done around here.
Thanks for sharing in the CWR blog-love!
Ruthie & Madeliene