I love these Dark Chocolate Stuffed Croissants- they’re fabulously simple to make and taste as close to homemade as you can get!
They’re the perfect way to celebrate a special day for brunch or breakfast in bed… don’t forget to serve with an ice cold glass of milk 🙂
- 1 8oz package reduced fat crescent rolls (I used pillsbury)
- 8 oz strawberry champagne dark chocolate, divided (from world market)
- 1 yolk
- 1 Tbsp milk
- 2 Tbsp raw sugar, for garnish
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Beat egg yolk and milk in small container; set aside.
- Line half sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Unroll crescent rolls and separate into 8 pieces setting on pan.
- Cut chocolate into 8- 1/4inch slices.
- Reserving remaining chocolate.
- Place chocolate slice at the wide end of each section.
- Then roll wide end to the narrow end.
- Tuck point under bottom of each roll.
- Brush egg wash evenly over each roll.
- Sprinkle with raw sugar.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- Cool on cooling rack.
- Once cool, melt chocolate and drizzle back and forth, sprinkle with additional raw sugar for garnish.
* you can substitute any variety of dark chocolate bar that you have in your pantry or can find in the finer chocolate section of the grocery store.
SO simple to make… just unroll crescent sections, add chocolate, and roll ’em up! YUM.
I like to use the reduced fat crescent rolls because I think they taste just as good and I like to make every calorie count!
If you’re not a fan then use the normal variety and of course they’ll turn out oh-so-good.
Happy, Happy Friday!
Much Love and Peace~