Our Almond Butter Banana Oat Smoothie Recipe is healthy and delicious beverage anytime of day! I love smoothies! Today’s banana almond butter smoothie is packed with healthy ingredients that will keep you full and happy all morning! Plus, they’re a quick and easy breakfast for those on-the-go mornings or a refreshing snack anytime of day!
Healthy for you Almond Butter Banana Oat Smoothie Recipe
This smoothie has lots of great nutrition packed in it- whole grain oats which makes it extra filling plus all that heart healthy nutrition that oats provide for us! You’re probably familiar with Justin’s Nut Butters! Oh man… I love every single variety they make! Mmmmm hmmm. This delicious smoothie has Justin’s Vanilla Almond Butter packed right in there 🙂
You may also enjoy some of our other Smoothie Recipes:
- Starbucks Strawberry Smoothie Recipe
- Starbucks Orange Mango Smoothie Recipe
- Banana Nut Smoothie Recipe
- Pineapple Mango Banana Smoothie Recipe
- Carrot, Orange, Ginger Smoothie
- Green Tea Protein Smoothie
- Chocolate Raspberry Protein Smoothie
- Starbucks Chocolate Smoothie Recipe
- Asian Pear and Pomegranate Smoothie
- Mint Raspberry Peach Smoothie
- White Peach, Cucumber, Mint Smoothie
- Strawberry, Citrus, Coconut Oat Smoothie
What’s the difference between a smoothie and a shake?
Most people love smoothies and shakes, some don’t really know the differences between them because after all the both cold and refreshing, drinkable, and delicious! In my opinion it all comes down to ice cream. . . yes, it’s true! Smoothies do not have ice cream, candy bars, cookies or pies in them. Smoothies are filled with healthy for you ingredients like fruit and veggies and healthier forms of protein and dairy.
Don’t get me wrong. . . I enjoy them both as probably most of you do too! I just enjoy smoothies on a more regular basis and shakes wellllll they’re a more special occasion or dessert kind of treat.
- Invest in a heavy duty blender; I’ve used a Blend Tec for well over a century now and I love it! It’s powerful enough to blend frozen fruit and vegetables smooth, smooth, smooth!
- I prefer using frozen fruits and vegetables in my smoothies so they have a thicker consistency.
- Freeze extra fruits and vegetables as they are just beginning to turn over-ripe; I use gallon plastic zip top freezer bags to toss them in.
- Freeze fresh produce to use later- I find they last just fine for up to 4 weeks. ie: spinach or mixed salad greens, baby carrots, cucumbers, banana’s broken into four pieces, sliced/cored apples and pears, extra berries, peeled/segmented oranges and clementines, grapes, and the list goes on!
- Extra nutrient add in’s are always good try adding: vanilla and chocolate protein powders, dry oats, a small handful of nuts, peanut butter, flavored yogurt or kefir, and more.
Super food add in’s: gogi berries, coconut oil, avocado, acai or cacoa powder, chia or hemp or flax seeds, etc!
- 10 ounces plain almond milk
- 1/4 cup vanilla almond butter, I like Justin's brand
- 1/4 cup whole grain oats
- 1 banana, frozen
- Combine all ingredients in blender, blend until smooth.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 250Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 10mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 4gSugar: 15gProtein: 4g
Almond Butter Banana Oat Smoothie will be your new favorite way to enjoy all these healthy-for-you ingredients!
We love to hear about your magical cooking moments. If you get a chance to make our recipes then leave us a comment or tag us on Instagram @cookingwithruthie, pin us on Pinterest, or follow along with us on Facebook so we can share in the joy of cooking with you! Please reach out if you have questions or comments via our email: email@example.com. We’re excited to see you again soon!
One more thing before you go…
We love creating recipes and sharing our adventures with you, so if you can do us a huge favor it’d really support us! It’s easier to stay motivated to share our best with you when we hear from you!! We adore our readers and it really makes our day to get comments, social tags/shares, or pins that you save for later to share with your family and friends! Our hearts sing when you do. We SEE you and we do our very best to respond to all the love! It also amps up our mo-jo so we get lots of awesome things done around here.
Thanks for sharing in the CWR blog-love!
Ruthie & Madeliene