Love is always pouring out of my kitchen.
Holiday Blondies in a Jar are a festive and heart felt way to share some of the love this time of year.
I’m afraid my close friends and family grow weary of my never ending supply of sharing…
So, the awesome part about this heart felt gift is that whoever’s lucky enough to be the recipient~ they can bake them up fresh and warm whenever they feel the need to satisfy a sweet tooth!
- 1 clear jar
- 1 C flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 3/4 C brown sugar, packed
- 3/4 C candy cane, crushed
- 2/3 C white chocolate chips
- red and white striped ribbon
- On the Side:
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 C butter, softened
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in small bowl, mix to combine.
- Place flour mixture in the bottom of clear jar; tap to even out.
- Evenly sprinkle brown sugar over flour, press with spoon to level.
- Evenly sprinkle chocolate chips on top brown sugar.
- Then finish with crushed candy cane.
- Add ribbon and tag.
- Give to your loved ones with the 'On the Side' ingredients and directions:
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Place all ingredients from jar into mixing bowl, add butter.
- Cream together, add vanilla and egg; mix until incorporated.
- Coat with cooking spray 9x13 baking pan.
- Evenly press blondie mix into pan.
- Bake 20-25 minutes and allow to cool before serving.
I got this cute jar at Ikea and the little tags I found a my local Wal-mart craft department. But use whatever you have around the house- a Mason Jar would work fabulously too!
I hope your Holidays are very Merry and Bright!
Much Love and Peace~ Ruthie