Banana Orange Drop Cookies are one of the best way to use up those overripe bananas! Moist, flavorful cookies with a hint of banana and orange in the frosting too! Mmmmmm.
We love bananas at our house. I have to keep them stocked in the kitchen just as religiously as milk. It is pretty much considered a sin to run out of either bananas or milk in our house! So, between snacking and smoothies it’s hard to keep them around long enough to get overripe.
Lucky for all of us, we happened to end up with 3 bananas that were in need of being baked into something delicious! That’s how these mouth-watering cookies came to be. Oh my… you’ll love these Banana Orange Drop Cookies so much. I’m not ever going to admit how many of them I enjoyed 🙂
Drop cookies are fun cuz they just kinda drop and bake up into semi-funky shapes. You can be more careful in how they’re dropped and shape them a little bit if you are more concerned with the appearance but they’re not meant to be a perfect little round cookie. They’re cute because they just drop of 2 spoons onto the pan and then they are what they are. Slathering all that delightful Banana Orange Frosting up on their little tops, make all that more AHhhh-mazing!
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 medium, 1 cup ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated orange zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 overripe banana, mashed (1/2 cup)
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- 2-3 tablespoons fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Coat cookie sheet with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a small bowl mash bananas and set aside.
- Cream butter and add brown sugar; cream until light and fluffy (approx 3 minutes).
- Add eggs one at time, scraping and mixing well with each addition.
- Add orange zest, orange juice, vanilla.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add dry ingredients all at once to wet, mix until 80% incorporated, add bananas; mix just until combined.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto prepared cookie sheet. (I use 2 spoons)
- Bake 9 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Remove to cooling rack once cooled drizzle with frosting.
- In small mixing bowl mash banana, add butter; cream until almost smooth.
- Add orange zest, 2 tablespoons orange juice, vanilla; mix.
- Add powdered sugar 1 cup at a time, mixing with each addition.
- Frost tops of cooled cookies.
Banana Orange Drop Cookies are hard to keep around very long at all… ours were gone in a flash!
If you happen to have a few that hang around then after the frosting sets up and forms a light skin, store them in an air tight container and they’ll stay happy and fresh for a couple of days. Enjoy!
Much Love and Peace~