I’m so excited for you to see what Cathy from Three Kids and a Fish has brought to share with us today…
Cranberry Orange Biscotti~ it sounds and looks completely AH-mazing!
I can’t wait to make some to have with my morning cup of coffee this winter… Enjoy!
As kids when we went to visit my Nona and Papa we were always greeted at the door with a kiss and the smell of sauteing onions, and garlic. Ever so faintly you would also smell fresh brewed coffee.
Their idea of a sweet treat was a biscotti. It came in one flavor only. Anise. The hard as a brick biscotti was dunked several times in the thick as mud coffee before taking a bite. It’s a good thing biscotti means “twice baked” otherwise there is no way this Italian cookie would stand a chance against being dunked in that strong coffee.
Since my childhood, I have learned to bake my own biscotti which is also twice baked. My biscotti is sweet, hard and soft at the same time, and is filled with fruits, nuts, and sometimes chocolate!
I haven’t yet ventured back to my childhood with the anise flavor. 🙂 Too much of a good thing and all.
This time of year is my favorite time to bake! The sweet smells of the seasons and holidays bring back so many great memories that I now pass on to my kids.
Fresh cranberries are back in stores and I stock up to make and create some of my favorite things. Cranberry Orange Biscotti is very high on the list.
This simple biscotti recipe is sweet and a little tart with hints of fresh citrus throughout! Fresh cranberries, orange zest, and a touch of cinnamon make this Cranberry Orange Biscotti worth eating more than one!
Welcome to my kitchen! Let me show you how you can make this Cranberry Orange Biscotti in 6 easy steps!
Step One-Stir Ingredients.
Step Two-Roll dough into a ball.
Step Three: Divide dough in two.
Step Four-Bake Once.
Step Five-Slice Diagonally.
Step Six-Bake again
- 2 cups bread flour-all-purpose works great as well
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 Tablespoons butter, softened
- 3/4 cup + 1 Tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup fresh cranberries, chopped
- Zest of one large orange
- Preheat Oven to 350F
- In a large mixing bowl combine flour, baking powder and cinnamon
- In a small mixing bowl cream together butter and sugar
- Add in eggs one at a time
- Add in vanilla
- Add the sugar mixture to the flour mixture and combine together
- In a small bowl stir together cranberries, orange zest and 1 Tablespoon sugar
- Add in cranberries and orange zest to the dough
- Roll up your sleeves, flour your counter
- Make dough into a ball, and then divide in half
- Make each dough into the shape of a log
- Place on a baking sheet and bake at 350F for 30 minutes
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 15 minutes
- Remove logs from baking sheet and onto a cutting board
- Cut slices diagonally to the desired thickness
- Place slices back on the baking sheet, and return to oven for 20 minutes
- Cool and sprinkle with cinnamon and powdered sugar
- Enjoy 🙂
Much Love and Peace~
Cathy and Ruthie