Roasted Butternut Squash with Gorgonzola Cheese is a beautiful adventure for your tastebuds!
Do you know the renowned Francis Mallman? He is an amazing chef from Argentina who is an expert when it come to cooking over, under, around an open fire! It’s truly mesmerizing to watch him work… he is part of the Chef’s Table season 1 on NetFlix , it beautifully shares his passion for the outdoors, fire, and food.
Today’s recipe was inspired by this show and it’s delightful, if I say so myself! Allowing the butternut squash to cook past the roasted; going to the very toasted point brings out some really amazing flavors.
I just have to say, when I have the opportunity to dine at his restaurant in Argentina or I’m able to attend one of his cooking abroad venues, it’ll be one of the most fabulous days of my life! I think he’s THAT amazing.
- 1 butternut squash
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2-3 teaspoons coarse sea salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 ounce gorgonzola cheese
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- drizzle of olive oil and coarse sea salt for serving
- Preheat oven 450 degrees F.
- Peel and de-seed squash, cut into 8 sections.
- Rub with olive oil, sprinkle sea salt and pepper.
- Bake 15 minutes, evenly sprinkle 1/4 cup dark brown sugar on squash.
- Bake additional 5-10 minutes until soft and very toasted.
- Arrange on serving platter, crumble gorgonzola cheese over squash.
- Sprinkle with coarse sea salt and a drizzle of olive oil for serving.
- Store the remaining squash in air tight container for up to a week.
I think he’s a pretty handsome fellow…
Try your hand at the Francis Mallman style of cooking (minus the fire) in your kitchen today, then leave me a comment and let me know what you’re take was on it!
Roasted Butternut Squash with Gorgonzola Cheese will change your world, at least for a few bites 🙂
Much Love and Peace~