Happy Fit Friday!!
Nichole from Pure Clean Fitness comes to hang out with us on Fridays! I love her fitness and workout tips~ A healthy recipe from me and Fitness Tips from her keep us healthy and happy all week long.
Nichole’s Fitness Tips…
This pregnancy has kicked my butt this week. Sorry that every one missed out on Workout Wednesday, I have been in such a fog this week that Wednesday came and went without me even realizing it. To make up for the lack of that workout I am giving you an awesome one this week, that I have high hopes of getting done…fingers crossed.
It is a Chipper week. Let me explain what that means before I give you the workout. A Chipper is one of those workout that you just focus on a little bit at a time. You don’t look at or stress about it all at once, instead you just chip away at it and focus on each little chunk at a time. This may mean that you get 5 reps done before you stop and catch your breath, or maybe it will be an easy one for you and you will be able to get 20 done in a row. This is all about you and working your way through each movement a few reps at a time.
With that being said let’s get to it:
100 jump ropes. If you are new to jump roping keep this as just singles, if you are up for the challenge make it 100 doubleunders
90 walking lunges. If you don’t have space do alternating forward lunges
80 pushups. Remember just a few at a time.
70 squat hops
30 lunge hop switches
20 donkey kicks. These tend to be done best if you are kicking up to the wall instead of just done in the air
This is a solid workout! Your heart rate should get going with this one. Challenge yourself, but don’t get overwhelmed. For some this is a very fine life.
Good luck! Get this Fit Friday done right! And remember:
Ruthie’s Healthy Recipe…
Herbed Salmon Fillet is the perfect blend of herbs in an olive oil base that’s then baked to salmon perfection plus it’s delicious and healthy for you too!
Out of all the seafood that is available to enjoy, I have to say that I love salmon they very best! I just love the flavor and all the health benefits of the Omega 3 fatty acids in salmon are a really great benefit. This recipe is quick and easy to make and can be applied to both fillet or steaks salmon- just adjust the baking time down for smaller cuts so that it doesn’t get over cooked.
- 1 salmon fillet or 3-4 steaks
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoon fresh tarragon, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh sage, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a small mixing bowl combine olive oil and herbs; stir to coat and allow to marinade 5-10 minutes .
- Place salmon on a cookie sheet, evenly spread herbed olive oil over salmon.
- Bake 12-15 minutes for steaks, 18-20 minutes for fillet or until the center flakes easily.
Remember our Roasted Herbed Tri-Colored Potatoes from last week? They’re making an appearance again this recipes photo’s … they are a lovely compliment to our Herbed Salmon Fillet. We loved them together anyways…
Happy Fit Friday!!
Much Love and Peace~
Nichole and Ruthie
- Oatmeal, Candied Walnut, Raisin Cookies Recipe
- Southwest Potato Hash and Egg Sandwich Recipe
- Blueberry Lime Cocktail Recipe
- Truffle Macaroni and Cheese Recipe
- Strawberry Lime Refresher Recipe
- Mediterranean Baked Eggs in Avocado Recipe
- Steak & Linguini Pasta with Creamy Tomato Basil Sauce Recipe
- Honey Molasses Baked Beans Recipe