Today’s Salmon Cream Cheese Lavash Wrap Recipe is a flavorful, healthy, and simple meal! I love it when I can get two meals out of one… like with this salmon! We first enjoyed it warm with rice and some vegetables for dinner. Then, the next day, salmon leftovers became a delightful salmon, cream cheese, spinach, grape tomato, and cucumber lavash wrap! You can broil your own salmon fillet or make it even easier by purchasing smoked salmon. Either way, this lavash wrap is sure to keep you healthy and happy!
Happy day, it’s Fit Friday! We love hangin’ out with Miss Nichole from Pure Clean Fitness! She’s a been a part of our Friday’s for many years and we love her so much! Thank you, Nichole, for coming every week and sharing your awesome fitness knowledge with us! If you want check out more of our Fit Friday posts then CLICK HERE!
Ingredients for our Salmon Cream Cheese Lavash Wrap Recipe
• Salmon- Either Broiled or Smoked Salmon tastes great! I like both, so I just use what I have on hand.
• Whole Grain Lavash- I prefer to eat whole grain lavash when it’s available– Trader Joes has both white and whole grain.
• Cream Cheese Spread- Today, I enjoyed Miyoko’s Un-lox your dreams from Trader Joes. I also like it with plain cream cheese, too. 🙂
• Veggies- Today, we’ve loaded up our lavash wrap with spinach, grape tomatoes (cut in half), sliced cucumbers, and some fresh parsley for fun!
What is a Lavash Wrap?
A wrap is made with a soft flatbread rolled around in a filling. Flatbreads such as tortillas, pita, and lavash are typically used for the wrappings in a wrap. The key difference between tortilla and a wrap is that tortillas are made with unleavened dough while most wraps typically contain yeast; which is a leavening agent.
I remember when wraps formally made their appearance in sandwich shops… seems like the beginning of the rave was probably around 2005-ish. I sure fell in love with them and started making them at home! You can actually make a wrap on a variety of whole grain products, such as: flat breads, tortillas, and lavash bread, just to name a few.
Salmon Cream Cheese Lavash Wrap Recipe & Fit Friday!
One of my favorite tips this season is “keep it simple.” This little tid bit has been repeated over and over this season in so many different aspects and venues. I love it as a mom, a wife, a woman, and as a person. I look around and see so many things being overly done, overly complicated, overly stressed. This year, instead of getting caught up in the overly I am focusing on taking a deep breath and looking for ways to simplify. This includes keeping my workouts simple, non complicated movements and routines at whatever time works best with my schedule.
Today we are working on a full body workout that is full of basic movements, getting resistance work and cardio done together. Keep in mind, simple moves does not mean you can ignore form. Pay attention to what you are doing and how you are doing. Getting sloppy, or lazy, is a great way to get injured and/or not get the full benefits out of your workout.
Indulge in our Salmon Cream Cheese Lavash Wrap Recipe &these tasty other sandwich recipes:
- 4 ounces Broiled or Smoked Salmon
- 2 pieces whole grain lavash
- 1/2 cup Miyoko’s Un-lox your dreams or plain cream cheese
- Assorted veggies: spinach, grape tomatoes (cut in half), sliced cucumbers, and some fresh parsley
- Spread half of cream cheese on each slice of lavash bread.
- Layer assorted vegetables, top with salmon pieces, and fresh parsley.
- Wrap and Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 454Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 41mgSodium: 2835mgCarbohydrates: 55gFiber: 5gSugar: 4gProtein: 33g
Enjoy our Salmon Cream Cheese Lavash Wrap Recipe this weekend!
We love to hear about your magical cooking moments. If you get a chance to make our recipes then leave us a comment or tag us on Instagram @cookingwithruthie, pin us on Pinterest, or follow along with us on Facebook so we can share in the joy of cooking with you! Please reach out if you have questions or comments via our email: email@example.com. We’re excited to see you again soon!
One more thing before you go…
We love creating recipes and sharing our adventures with you, so if you can do us a huge favor it’d really support us! It’s easier to stay motivated to share our best with you when we hear from you!! We adore our readers and it really makes our day to get comments, social tags/shares, or pins that you save for later to share with your family and friends! Our hearts sing when you do. We SEE you and we do our very best to respond to all the love! It also amps up our mo-jo so we get lots of awesome things done around here.
Thanks for sharing in the CWR blog-love!
Ruthie & Madeliene
- Oatmeal, Candied Walnut, Raisin Cookies Recipe
- Southwest Potato Hash and Egg Sandwich Recipe
- Thai Chicken Flatbread w/ Cilantro Yogurt Sauce Recipe
- Sourdough Zucchini Bread Recipe
- Cherry Prosecco Spritzer Recipe
- Cranberry White Chocolate Artisan Bread Recipe
- Country French Omelette Recipe
- Chicken Brochettes and Fit Friday