I just spent a lovely long weekend in St. George, Utah with my family. It’s always nice to reconnect- there are a lot of miles between us these days so, these gatherings don’t happen nearly often enough.
Want to know an embarrising secret? I’m the shortest out of the sisters (at 5’9″) and I have the biggest feet! How completely UNFAIR is that 🙂
SO not cool… hahahah!
We spent a day at the pool with my neices and nephews, a sisters night out for Mad Pita with a visit to the Sweet Tooth fairy…
This mouth-watering Grilled Lime Salmon was part of our Sunday Dinner…. it’s so simple to make and tastes amazing!
While we were there we celebrated our brother’s birthday. It was so fun to cook and talk in the kitchen with my sister’s and our mom… priceless.
- 2 fresh salmon fillets, or 3-4 frozen salmon sections defrosted
- 3 Tbls Olive Oil
- 1/2 Onion, large chopped
- 2 Fresh Limes- rinsed, cut into 4 sectioned, and squeeze (I throw the Lime sections in too)
- 1 clove garlic- pressed
- 1 gallon zip top freezer bag
- 2 extra limes for grilling
- Add all the ingredients in baggie, marinate for one hour in the fridge.
- Spray the grill with cooking spray and preheat on medium high.
- Place skin side down and grill on med high heat for about 8-10 minutes.
- Cut grilling limes in half and place fruit side down on the grill so they get hot and release their juices, squeeze over fish a couple of times while grilling to keep moist and add flavor.
- Salmon filets are done when the center pulls away flaky.
- Serve and Enjoy!
*this is one of the first recipes I shared when I started my blog, I figured it was about time to update the photo 🙂
St. George gets pretty hot this time of year but y’all know how much I LOVE the heat… it felt totally fabulous to me.
I hope you enjoy this Grilled Lime Salmon at your next summer gathering!