Happy Fit Friday!!
Nichole from Pure Clean Fitness comes to hang out with us on Fridays! I love her fitness and workout tips~ A healthy recipe from me and Fitness Tips from her keep us healthy and happy all week long.
Nichole’s Fitness Tips…
Alright everyone, the cold weather is officially here in my neck of the woods. My cycle classes at the gym are getting bigger and all of my personal training clients are complaining that it is getting harder and harder to find a parking space.
I have also started to have a some reoccurring conversations that has brought on a couple different thoughts and two challenges I want to put out there for all of our Fit Friday followers.
A new season brings new opportunities. For me and many others that I know the cold weather can start to scare us all inside after enjoying months of trails, road, and fresh air. My first challenge calls on you to try something new. See this time to try a new class at your usual gym, try out that new small gym down the street, get a personal trainer to mix things up for you, or even just try a new machine.
Our bodies get used to doing the same routines we have always done. It learns to adjust and make it easier for the muscles and the brain. When you have hit a plateau even though you are still running 3 miles 3 times a week and doing that weights program you picked up back in college twice a week it means your body NEEDS something new.
You never know, you might find a new favorite cross training program. Or at the very least meet some fun new people.
Drink water!!!!! It never fails, when the temps drop at least half my clients discover that their water consumption drops too. Your body still needs the water folks. Why? Well, I am so glad you asked. Here are 5 of my favorite reasons.
1) Water helps maintain a healthy body weight by regulating both metabolism and appetite.
2) Most common reason for daytime fatigue is mild dehydration. Try some water for an afternoon pick up before reaching for the candy bowl.
3) Helps prevent headaches. I have learned that when my head is killing me to down a big glass of water before I grab tylenol or motrin.
4) Your skin needs it!
5) Water helps with overall digestion and keeping everything working correctly.
So when the temps drop over the next few weeks do not let your water consumption drop with it. Make it a challenge to start your day with a glass of water and keep it coming all day. There are a lot of answers to the question, how much water am I supposed to be drinking? The most common answer and the one I like the research for the most is at least half your body weight in ounces. So if you weight 150 lbs you need at least 75 ounces of water. And one final note on this….DIET COKE IS NOT WATER!!!
There you go Fit Friday followers, 2 challenges. Are you game?
Ruthie’s Healthy Recipe…
Roasted Herbed Tri-Colored Potatoes are so easy to make to go with your dinner tonight!
I love to roast potatoes in the oven… it’s a quick and easy side dish that’s ready in no time at all. Have you seen tri-colored potatoes? You can find them in the produce section of your grocery store all ready to go with purples, reds, and yellows usually in a mesh bag. Or if you’d rather buy them individually and mix them yourself you can go that way too. Each variety of potato has a slightly different flavor so it’s a fun new adventure!
Whatever color potato you decide to roast, they are all a great source of potassium and vitamin C. Toss in some fresh herbs and olive oil it’s a healthy, simple way to enjoy your potatoes.
Roasted Herbed Tri-Colored Potatoes
- 1 28oz bag of tri-colored potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoon fresh tarragon, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh sage, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Slice potatoes into 1/2 inch sections.
- Toss potatoes, herbs, and olive oil in mixing bowl.
- Evenly spread on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden browned; stirring twice.
Roasted Herbed Tri-Colored Potatoes will be your favorite go-to side dish for any protein you’ve got cooking!
Much Love and Peace~
Nichole and Ruthie
- Meyer Lemon Vinaigrette Recipe
- Pasta & Red Sauce, Basil Chicken, & Caramelized Parsnips Recipe
- Sourdough Zucchini Bread Recipe
- Easy Lemon Sorbet Recipe
- Raspberry Coconut Banana Bread Recipe
- Country French Omelette Recipe
- Strawberry Mango Kiwi Protein Smoothie Recipe
- The Ultimate Reuben Sandwich Recipe
Leave a Reply