I must admit I was pleasantly surprised with this Slow Cooker Macaroni and Cheese!
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 2 hours
Total Time 2 hours 15 minutes
- 2 C uncooked whole grain elbow macaroni
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 1/2 C shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 C lowfat sour cream
- 1 10.75 can condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 C 1% milk
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Boil the macaroni for 5-6 minutes and drain. (you want noodles semi-hard)
- Spray the inside of slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Spray with cooking spray a medium sauce pan and over medium high heat; melt butter and cheese, stir until cheese melts.
- Add 1/2 C milk and stir. Add remaining milk, sour cream, soup, salt, pepper, mustard; stir.
- Pour mixture into slow cooker, add pasta, mix to coat.
- Cover and cook on low for 2 hours. Stirring twice.
*I adapted this recipe from Six Sister’s Stuff
Our Slow Cooker Macaroni and Cheese was ready to eat just as Jake and 4 friends walked in the door from an afternoon at the pool…. it was devoured in seconds!
It also got rave reviews from all the guys SO you know it’s pretty darn yummy 🙂