Thai Macaroni and Cheese will please the kiddos and the adults in your family… seriously! It’s SO cheesy-yummy fabulous with just a little hint of Thai flavor.
My BFF, Carol, made this recipe last week and I must admit- I was a little skeptical at first. After the first bite however, I was a fan! Second helpings and all 🙂
- Kosher salt
- 1 pound elbow macaroni
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 4-ounce jar Thai red curry paste
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 cups cream, alternatively, use 5 cups whole milk instead of both milk and cream
- 8 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, grated
- 8 ounces Cheddar cheese, grated
- Crumb Topping:
- 3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- For the mac 'n' cheese:
- Bring 4 quarts of water to a boil in a large pot.
- Salt generously, and then add the pasta and cook to box instructions, usually 6 to 7 minutes.
- In another large pot, melt the butter over medium-high heat.
- Whisk in the flour and continue whisking until it deepens in color and releases a light toasted aroma, about 1 minute.
- Whisk in the Thai red curry paste, and when fully combined, pour in the milk and cream (or all milk, if using).
- Bring to a boil, whisking constantly, and then turn down to a simmer.
- Simmer until the mixture thickens, whisking occasionally, about 5 minutes.
- Off heat, whisk in the cheeses and stir until melted.
- Add the pasta and toss to combine.
- Turn your broiler on.
- For the crumb topping:
- Toss the panko with the melted butter and season with salt and pepper.
- To assemble:
- Pour the mac 'n' cheese into a broiler-safe casserole dish, sprinkle with the bread crumb mixture, and broil until browned, about 1 minute.
Thai Macaroni and Cheese will make the whole family happy… you’ll all want seconds too!
I hope your Monday’s a really good one. I’m getting ready to attend Snap at the end of the week and I can’t even tell you how excited I am to go 🙂