Thai Red Coconut Curry with Chicken is so simple to make at home but tastes just like it’s from your favorite Thai Food Restaurant!
Ohhhh… I just love Thai Food. It’s that coconut creaminess in curry dishes that does it for me. I prefer to use light coconut milk which gives all the creaminess of regular coconut milk with much less of a calorie punch. It’s usually about 65% less fat and calories but if you’d prefer original coconut milk then of course it tastes amazing too!
I also love our Green Chicken Curry with Thai Eggplant recipe too! They’re both just delightful. The great thing about curry’s is that you can easily adjust the spicy-ness of them by adjusting the amount of curry paste you add in. If you have heavy hitters with a high heat index then they can add more heat to their own portion by simply adding more of the curry paste to it. That way everybody’s happy with the heat of their curry. YAY!!
- 1 14-ounce can light coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste, or to taste
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 4 teaspoons dark brown sugar
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and
- 1 cup mushrooms, quartered
- 1 8oz sliced water chestnuts
- 2 cups cooked chicken
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 4 cups prepared whole grain rice
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Coat pan with cooking spray.
- Spoon coconut cream (the thick part from top of the can) into pan using a slotted spoon.
- Add curry paste; cook 2 minutes or until liquid almost evaporates, stirring constantly.
- Stir in remaining coconut milk, fish sauce, and sugar.
- Reduce heat to medium; simmer 10 minutes or until sauce thickens, stirring frequently and reduce to desired thickness.
- Add bell pepper; toss to coat. Increase heat to medium-high; cook 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add chicken; cook 1 minute or until thoroughly heated.
- Remove from heat; stir in lime juice.
- Serve with prepared whole grain rice and curry on top.
You’ll be so happy to be able to make your very own Thai Red Coconut Curry with Chicken right in your own kitchen!
Much Love and Peace~