Chicken, Shrimp, and Tofu Pad Thai is SO simple to make at home and tastes better than any take-out!
Nichole from Pure Clean Fitness is hanging out with us on this FABULOUS Fit Friday!!!! YAY 🙂
Chicken, Shrimp, and Tofu Pad Thai is full of all kinds of fabulous proteins. . . feel free to pick and choose if you or family doesn’t happen to be a fan of one of them! I love them all AND I figure they can easily be picked around if need be. 🙂
Then lets talk about the rice noodles, which I can’t get enough of! They need a little bit of soak time and then a quick toss into a pot of boiling water so just be sure to check your package directions as you begin!
It is my birthday!!! I am one year away from 40 and to celebrate we need an awesome workout to celebrate this last year of my thirties. Of course we have to celebrate with a workout, celebrate all that my body can do as it ages another year.
Chicken, Shrimp, and Tofu Pad Thai is SOoooo good and easy to prepare that you’ll always want make it right at home!
Have an amazing Friday!
Nichole, Ruthie, and Madeliene
- 8 ounces wide rice noodles
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon tamarind paste
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons peanuts, skinless and fine chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 ounces chicken breast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 ounces shrimp, deveined and peeled
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 2 ounces firm tofu, pressed and cubed into ½ inch
- ¼ cup dried shrimp, small ones optional
- 2 eggs
- 2 sliced green onions, for garnish
- ⅓ cup minced cilantro, for garnish
- 1 lime, cut into wedges for garnish
- In a medium mixing bowl soak noodles in warm water for 20 minutes; drain and set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl combine lime juice, tamarind, sugar, and fish sauce add chopped peanuts.
- Heat a wok or skillet over high heat and add 1 tablespoon of the oil.
- Stir in chicken and cook until it loses pink color and is cooked through; 2-3 minutes stirring frequently.
- Remove the chicken from skillet using a slotted spoon; set aside.
- Add the shrimp to the same skillet and cook through approximately 4-6 minutes.
- Remove shrimp; set aside with chicken.
- Add remaining oil to the skillet over
- Stir in shallots; cook for 1 minute.
- Add bean sprouts to shallots; cook for 1 minute.
- Add the tofu and dried shrimp; cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the drained noodles to skillet, along with the chicken and cooked shrimp.
- Gently toss together and cook for about 4 minutes more.
- Make a space at one side of the pan and pour in the eggs.
- Let them partially cook before stirring into the rest of the ingredients; about 3 minutes.
- Add the lime juice and tamarind mixture; stir all together.
- Serve with fresh lime wedges, bean sprouts, and chopped peanuts.