Thai Cooking Class
SO, I wanted to share this really fun night with all of you! Below is a photo of the owner of Taste Culinary Boutique, Leila with me before the class began…
Taste Culinary Boutique has all these wonderful kitchenware displays and a lot of really fun gadgets to check out too…
The picture below is of Harini and Vik… our wonderful cooking demonstrators.
As they made “A Thai Feast” which included 3 different Thai dishes- they also gave us a lot of Thai cooking tips through out the entire evening. You definitely want to come to class at Taste hungry because you’ll get to enjoy a serving of everything that’s demonstrated 🙂
The photo below is of Harini making my favorite dish of the night Pad Siew…
- 2 cups broccoli, preferably Chinese broccoli, chopped into large pieces
- 1 package fresh broad rice noodles
- 4 eggs
- 3-5 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons black bean sauce
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 package firm tofu
- 1 white onion, thinly sliced
- In small bowl, combine half the minced garlic, soy sauce, black bean sauce, fish sauce and sugar.
- In another bowl whisk eggs.
- Heat a large wok over a high flame to very hot.
- Add a few tablespoons of oil.
- Add the garlic and saute quickly.
- Add onions and tofu.
- Next, add broccoli and saute.
- Add noodles.
- Pour sauce over the noodles.
- Stir and fold rapidly.
- Make a small opening in the middle if the wok, add eggs and scramble.
- Stir everything to combine.
- Add salt to taste.
- Serve immediately with Sriracha if you like it spicy hot.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 145Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 93mgSodium: 410mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 3gSugar: 3gProtein: 11g
The photo below is of Harini and Vik serving us the Guay Teow Pad Kee Mao dish… they did such a great job! It was an informative, entertaining, and delicious evening! Perfect idea for date night 🙂
Here’s a photo of me with some of the other blogger ladies that attended this Taste class…
The Thai Cooking Class from Taste Culinary Boutique was a really fun evening… I would recommend it to all of you for a fun ladies night out or a fabulous dinner out for couples!