Chicken Marsala with Linguini is an Italian classic plus photo’s from my visit to Italy!
Rome is one of the three cities that I visited in Italy during my European adventures. I was so happy to able to spend a morning with one of my Instagram friends~ Wendy from @Flavor of Italy.
Foodie Roma Tour with Wendy:
Our morning started off with some cappuccinos and flaky croissants at a little coffee shop and it was SO fun to chat in “real life”! Wendy is just the sweetest and I was so happy to have show me around her Roma. She’s passionate about Italy, everything food, and even does culinary classes from her home. I wish I could have taken one of her classes… I hope I can next time! Check her blog out at Flavor of Italy.
Market at Campo Dei Fiori:
Wendy and I went to the Market at Campo Dei Fiori where you can find all kinds of seasonal produce, Italian olive oil, and cases of cheese! It was so beautiful. Wendy knew almost all of the local produce stand owners and introduced me around as we toured.
We also had a quick tour of one the high end restaurants in the center of Roma named of Pierluigi. . . we happened to run into both of the owners, a father and son who run the restaurant. The son gave us a quick tour which included a glimpse into the kitchen and trip down to the wine cellar which is also a small dining space where a lot of dignitaries have dined. It was AH-mazing!!
Wendy so loves her city and you can feel it in every way. She told me all the what’s and why’s of the historic areas as we walked and chatted. I could have spent so much more time with her as she’s a wealth of knowledge and knows all the best places to go for the inside scoop of Roma, Italy! It was just wonderful.
Chestnuts were roasting all about the city and I thought this random photo was too fun not to share. So, with that we will wrap up our Foodie Roma tour with Wendy! A huge thank you to her for a lovely morning in Rome! Be sure to give her a follow over on Instagram!
Now, lets get to our recipe for today. . . Italian Chicken Marsala with Linguini is filled with all the aroma’s of traditional Italian cooking!
I really love pasta and did you know there are over 2000 shapes of pasta? It’s true. Pasta is a staple in any Italian home and so many of us love it here in the US too!
If you love pasta like we love pasta then here are some more of our faves:
Italian Chicken Marsala with Linguini is simple to make at home and the whole family will LOVE it!
Much Love and Peace~
Ruthie and Madeliene
Chicken Marsala with Linguini
- 2 chicken breast- boneless skinless
- ½ cup flour for dredging
- 2 tablespoons olive oil for saute
- 8 mushroom quartered
- 2 clove garlic minced
- 1 cup marsala wine sweet
- 2 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoon fresh tarragon chopped
- 2 teaspoon fresh chives chopped
- 2 teaspoon fresh parsley addition minced parsley to garnish chopped
- 2 tablespoon parmigiano reggiano additional for garnish grated
- 2 tablespoon butter for mounting
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 servings of linguine pasta prepared
- Preheat oven 350 degrees F
- Trim excess fat from breasts, season with salt and pepper and dredge in flour.
- Place a medium sized skillet over medium high and add olive oil.
- Once hot add chicken breasts, presentation side down.
- Cook 4-5 minutes until golden in color.
- Turn chicken over and cook 1 additional minute.
- Transfer chicken to baking sheet and put in the oven, to bake approximately 10-12 minutes or until temperature reaches 160 degrees F in the center of the thickest part of the breast.
- Meanwhile; add mushrooms to the skillet and cook stirring for 2 minutes.
- Add minced garlic and cook 1-2 minutes or until golden brown.
- Add marsala wine (be aware of possible flame) simmer and reduce wine to almost dry approximately 2-3 minutes.
- Add heavy cream and cook 2-3 minutes or until slightly reduced.
- Add the cheese, herbs, and butter; stir to melt cheese and butter.
- Place chicken on serving plate with pasta and divide sauce between plates.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of parmigiano and fresh herbs.