Yahoo!!! Friday is here!
I love to have Nichole from Pure Clean Fitness comes to hang out with us on Fridays! This week Nichole has some awesome Recovery tips for us to enjoy… a Healthy Recipe from me + Fitness Tips from Nichole= a healthy, happy, balanced life!
Nichole’s Recovery Tips…
Recovery….we have heard the word and most think they know the word….but do you actually? I will be honest, recovery is hard! At least for me it is. I know that I am not unique or alone when I say this…I like to workout. I like to sweat. I like how I feel during and after a great workout, especially an awesome run. Sometimes it is easy to talk yourself out of the other stuff, the recovery part of your workout. Rest days are frustrating for a lot of people. And how many times of you pushed your workout until you have to run out the door and forget about stretching. You ran right out the door, jumped in the car, and got busy with your day. In the mean time you have forgotten to drink the bottle of water and left your recovery snacks sitting on the counter.
We have all been there, but the reality is that you have to make recovery a priority if you want to truly enjoy all the hard work you do. Without recovery you are welcoming injuries and illnesses. So let’s talk about recovery….
3) Rest and Relax. Ugh….there is that 4-letter word. The reality is that rest and sleep is when your body builds muscle after those killer breakdown workouts.
5) Listen To Your Body. Learn those cues your body is sending when you need an easier day or even a rest day. Learn to distinguish thirst and respond to it. Your body is smart…listen to it.
Remember, recovery is a must! Learn it and live it! By doing so you will be able to enjoy life and all those crazy activities a bit more.
Ruthie’s Healthy Recipe…
Lemon Chicken Roasted Potato Pasta is a long-time family favorite from my Auntie Ruth. You’ll be pleasantly surprised with each flavorful bite!
I was named after my dad’s sister, Ruth. My Auntie Ruthie is a really amazing cook and some our long-time family favorite recipes are from her, like this Lemon Chicken Roasted Potato Pasta. You’ll be loving it every bit as much as we do!
Last weekend I used this recipe as part of my cooking demonstration at the Salt Lake Home and Garden Show. It was a real crowd pleaser and everyone raved about it to me afterwards. Put it on your menu for this next week and you’ll be just as impressed!
- 3-4 chicken breasts
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 5-6 red potatoes, cubed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 12 ounce can sliced black olives
- 3 roma tomatoes, diced or pack cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup shaved parmesan cheese, garnish
- 1 16 ounce package whole grain penne pasta (cooked to al dente)
- zest of 1 lemon
- 2 fresh lemons, juiced
- 1 teaspoon sugar or honey
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place chicken in gallon sealable plastic bag, add lemon juice and marinate; refrigerate 3-4 hours. Preheat oven 400 degrees.
- Coat a rimed baking sheet with cooking spray, in separate bowl toss potatoes with olive oil, salt, and pepper; evenly distribute on sheet.
- Bake 30-35 minutes until soft and lightly browned; stirring twice.
- Remove chicken from fridge.
- Coat fry pan with cooking spray, cook chicken over medium heat with the marinade.
- Cook until center is no longer pink and nicely browned, shred chicken with 2 forks.
- Cover and keep warm (may need to add 1/4 C water to pan half way thru cooking, if needed).
- Meanwhile; cook pasta tender firm, drain, return to pot.
- In a small mixing bowl combine sauce.
- In a large bowl combine tomatoes, olives, and hot ingredients, toss with sauce.
- Serve hot or cold.
Lemon Chicken Roasted Potato Pasta is perfect for spring time, I adore the flavor pop of the lemon in this recipe. It makes a lot but don’t worry it keeps just fine in the fridge for up to 5 days. When I’m reheating some for lunch or dinner- I just drizzle with a some olive oil and reheat it in the microwave for one minute. It’s also really good cold, just incase you were wondering 🙂
Have an amazing weekend 🙂
Happy Fit Friday!
Much Love and Peace~
Nichole and Ruthie