Our Pasta & Red Sauce, Basil Chicken, & Caramelized Parsnips Recipe will the flavors of Italy to your table! You’re about to experience the beautifully layered and robust flavors of traditional Italian cooking. Do not be afraid, any level of culinary expertise you possess is perfect- these recipes are easily followed. Buon Appetito!
Why we love Pasta & Red Sauce, Basil Chicken, & Caramelized Parsnips Recipe
When I think of romance my mind immediately drifts to Italy… I mean, the Italian Cuisine is truly a sensual experience.
So, uncork a bottle of wine for sipping while you enjoy the romantic art of preparing, cooking, and eating our course Italian dinner. Traditionally, in Italy the protein and sauce are cooked together but served separately.
The pasta and sauce served first with the protein and vegetable following. A beautiful way to experience the protein and the sauce in their own individual way- complimenting flavors but without over-powering each other.
How to make Pasta & Red Sauce, Basil Chicken, & Caramelized Parsnips Recipe
Our second course is a hearty traditional tomato sauce, which is cooked with the chicken but served as a separate course over a good quality pasta.
Did you know there over 2000 shapes of pasta? Pretty amazing! So, take a look at the different shapes and sizes to pick one that speaks to you.
I chose the Tarchiette shape for this course because I loved the twisty-curly shape which has is large enough in size to have a sufficient bite to it.
Fit Friday with Nichole
Happy Fit Friday! The snow is falling and I am in the gym, staying warm and not sliding on the ice. Winter is a great time to stay in and work with weights, even for all of you runners out there that just want to get outside.
Today we are getting sweaty with a HIIT session that focuses on explosive moves and some solid core work. That strong intensity that comes with HIIT style workouts is great to pair with explosive moves.
Just remember, even though it is timed quality is more important that quantity.
This workout should take 25-30 minites, with warm up and cool down that will end up being 40-45 minutes. Don’t slack on the warm up and cool down! If you don’t have a box or bench for the box hops just do squat hops.
- 2 organic chicken breasts, fat trimmed
- 2 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup small diced onion
- 2-3 tablespoons dry white wine or chicken broth
- 1 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 2 roma tomatoes, cut length wise
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced to garnish
- 4 ounces tarchiette pasta, prepared to package directions
- 2 tablespoons chevre goat cheese, olive oil, and sea salt; to garnish
- Caramelized Parsnips and Onions:
- 2 parsnips, peeled and cut into 1/4 inch cubes (approximately 1 cup)
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced onions
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons white wine or chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons chevre goat cheese, olive oil, fresh cracker pepper, and sea salt; to garnish
- In a large skillet over medium high heat , add 1 tablespoon olive oil, allow to heat 1 minute.
- Place chicken breasts in skillet and cook 2-3 minutes or until nicely browned, turn and repeat.
- Remove chicken from pan; set aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to pan.
- Add onion and saute for 2-3 minutes or until nicely browned.
- Deglaze pan by adding white wine or chicken stock; stirring and scraping up bits from bottom of pan.
- Add canned diced tomatoes, salt, and pepper; stir to incorporate.
- Return chicken to pan; place sliced roma tomatoes on top of sauce evenly spaced around pan.
- Reduce heat to medium low, cover, and cook 15-20 minutes until thickest part of chicken breasts reach 165 degrees temperature.
- Prepare pasta according to package directions, drain and hold.
- (rinse in hot water to reheat and loosen if necessary)
- Caramelized Parsnips and Onions:
- In a small skillet over medium high heat add butter and cook; stirring constantly 2-3 minutes or until caramelized and fragrant.
- Add onion; cook 2 minutes or until well browned, stirring constantly.
- Add parsnips; stirring to incorporate then add white wine, vinegar, honey, and salt; stir.
- Cover and reduce heat to low, cook 3-4 minutes or until parsnips are tender.
- To serve:
- Course 2: Place chicken on serving platter, garnished with basil and parsnips garnished with chevre cheese.
- Course 3: Serve pasta with remaining sauce from pan, cherve cheese, fresh cracked pepper and drizzled olive oil to garnish.
- Buon Appetito!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1183Total Fat: 65gSaturated Fat: 25gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 35gCholesterol: 180mgSodium: 3580mgCarbohydrates: 88gFiber: 13gSugar: 40gProtein: 61g
More Pasta Recipes
- Hearty Ratatouille with Penne Pasta
- Pasta and Red Sauce, Basil Chicken with Caramelized Parsnips and Onions
- Bruschetta Pasta Recipe
- Lemon Chicken Roasted Red Potato Pasta
- Sun-dried Tomato, Artichoke, Mushroom Alfredo Pasta
- Italian Artichoke Chicken Pasta
- Chicken Marsala with Linguini
- Truffle Macaroni and Cheese
Taste Italy with our Pasta & Red Sauce, Basil Chicken, & Caramelized Parsnips Recipe
One more thing before you go…
We love creating recipes and sharing our adventures with you, so if you can do us a huge favor it’d really support us! It’s easier to stay motivated to share our best with you when we hear from you! We adore our readers and it really makes our day to get comments, social tags/shares, or pins that you save for later to share with your family and friends.
Our hearts sing when you do.
We SEE you and we do our very best to respond to all the love! It also amps up our mo-jo so we get lots of awesome things done around here. Please reach out if you have questions or comments via our email: firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re excited to see you again soon!
Thanks for sharing in the CWR blog-love!
Ruthie & Madeliene
- Sun-dried Tomato, Artichoke & Mushroom Alfredo Pasta Recipe
- Perfect Cranberry Sauce Recipe
- Turkey Mushroom Pasta Bake Recipe
- Avocado Stuffed Sweet Potato Recipe
- Grilled Pineapple Chipotle BBQ Sauce Recipe
- Cilantro Turkey Lavash Wrap with Pico de Gallo Mayo
- Sweet Potato Casserole with Pecan Topping Recipe
- Baked Crispy Chicken, Rice Pilaf, and Green Beans Recipes