Strawberry Basil Balsamic Sauce with Cheesecake will leave you speechless and begging for more!
My oldest daughter, Madi, got married a couple of weeks ago… call me crazy, but I made all the food for the reception. (with some super awesome sous chefs, of course!) My favorite kind of lovin’ comes right out of the kitchen so naturally, I was happy to create and cook for their special day.
I’m so excited to share some of this amazing wedding food with all of you~ my blog friends, I’ll be highlighting recipes and sharing pictures of their wedding along the way.
Strawberry Basil Balsamic Sauce with Cheesecake was the most raved about recipe at the wedding. Of course, desserts are always the star of every event but this sauce~ THIS Sauce! Is amazing.
The cheesecake is just the ones from Costco but this sauce goes well with chocolate cake or as a topping for just about anything you can imagine. It’s fabulous. If you want to make a cheesecake then this Lemon Cheesecake recipe is wonderful!
I’m so happy to introduce you all to Spencer and welcome him into our little family…
Spencer and Madi
- 1 16oz package frozen strawberries, thawed and juice reserved
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup dry red wine, I used savingon blanc
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar, or according to desired taste
- 1 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup very thinly sliced fresh basil leaves, divided
- 1 teaspoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 premade cheesecake
- Strain defrosted strawberries and reserve juice.
- In a large sauce pan over medium high heat bring juice from strawberries, water, wine, and sugar to boil.
- Cook stirring for 2 minutes until sugar dissolves; reduce to medium heat.
- Add balsamic vinegar, red wine vinegar, 1/4 cup basil, lemon juice, and sea salt; simmer for 10 minutes or until reduced by 1/3; stirring occasionally.
- Strain sauce and return to pan, bring to a boil.
- Thicken sauce with cornstarch slurry by combining cold water and cornstarch in small bowl; mix until smooth.
- Turn up heat to high and bring liquid to a boil, slowly whisk in corn starch slurry, whisk for 2 minutes until cornstarch clears (no longer looks cloudy) and sauce is thick.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Before serving add reserved strawberries and remaining basil; gently mix.
- Serve over prepared cheesecake.
Strawberry Basil Balsamic Sauce with Cheesecake is a beautiful expression of love for any occasion!
Much Love and Peace~