Slow Cooker Breakfast Casserole is a hearty, keeps you full, delicious kind of breakfast that turns out just perfectly!
I have to admit I was a little hesitant to cook this in the slow cooker but it’s actually the best thing ever! Just throw it all together and let it cook away. It can even go through the night and be ready in the morning when you get up.
The whole family will be in heaven with this Slow Cooker Breakfast Casserole- I mean how can you go wrong with cheese, turkey sausage (to make it healthier :), peppers, and hash browns! It’s like heaven in a ceramic pot. It’s sure to keep everyone healthy and full clear until lunch. If you have leftover save them because they heat up just fine for a second serving.
Slow Cooker Breakfast Casserole
- 1 30 oz package frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1 lb Sweet Italian turkey sausage browned and drained
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded jalepeno cheese
- 1 onion diced
- 1 green pepper diced
- 1 red pepper diced
- 12 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Spray a 6 quart slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray and preheat on high.
- Combine diced onions and peppers in mixing bowl.
- Place half of the hash brown potatoes in bottom of slow cooker.
- Top with half the onion/pepper mix and half of each variety of cheese.
- Top with all the sausage.
- Add the remaining hash browns, onions/peppers, and top with cheese.
- Whisk eggs, milk, and salt and pepper in large bowl until well blended.
- Pour egg mixture evenly over slow cooker ingredients.
- Cook on low setting for 8 hours or on high setting for 4 hours or until eggs are set.
- Serve warm.
Enjoy making this Slow Cooker Breakfast Casserole for your family this week!
I hope your weekend was wonderful and relaxing!
Much Love and Peace~