Mint Truffles are super cute for a St. Patties Day celebration…
I’m Irish and it’s always been a bit more of a holiday around our house than probably a lot of others!! I’ve had about everything you can imagine with green shamrocks on it! My daughter Madi and I found a four leaf clover when she was little AND she still has it! Luck of the Irish, I guess!!
* adapted from six sisters stuff
Our little Lexie is the queen of these chocolate mint cookies so I wanted to make sure I had Mint Truffles around on a weekend we have all the kids, so she could have some! SO FAR… these Mint Truffles have been a crazy big hit : ) I hope you all have a fabulous weekend and a Happy St. Patricks too!!
AND as my Irish Grandpa Ed said, ” May the wind always be at your back” It’s part of this old Irish Blessing…
May the road rise to meet you,
May the wind be always at your back,
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
The rains fall soft upon your fields
Thanks for keeping up with my little blog!
- 1 10 oz bag of chocolate mint cookies
- 4 oz lowfat cream cheese
- 1 1/2 C mint chocolate chips
- 1/2 C white chocolate chips
- 2 tsp canola oil, divided
- Place cookies in blender, pulse until crumbs.
- Pour into a medium mixing bowl, add cream cheese, stir well.
- Roll into 1 inch balls, place on cookie sheet, refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
- Melt mint chocolate chips and 1 1/2 tsp canola oil in a small microwaveable bowl. Microwave 30 seconds, stir, microwave 15 seconds, stir.
- Repeat until smooth.
- Using 2 forks, put 1 ball at a time into chocolate, coat well, remove with forks, let drain sightly, place back on tray.
- If sprinkles are desired, add when wet.
- Refrigerate until chocolate sets.
- Once set, melt white chocolate as directed above, spoon into a sandwich baggie, snip off the end, stripe back and forth across the truffles to decorate.
- Refrigerate until served.
chocolate mint cookies, neifatchel cream cheese, white chocolate chips
March 25, 2022
Tiffany L says
These look so yummy! I need to put these on my to-try list!
They are very yummy!! (too yummy!) You’ll LOVE them!!