Summer Garden Pasta is a subtle but pleasing pasta dish that uses fresh from the Garden ingredients!
Summer Garden Pasta… is lovely for a warm summers evening when a light and easy dinner is what your in the mood for!
- 2 large zucchini, cut into 1/2 inch rounds (approx 1 lb)
- 1/2 lb asparagus, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 lb vegetable pasta mix or whole grain pasta
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 C frozen petite peas
- 1/4 C chopped chives
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 C grated parmesan cheese, if desired
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Toss zucchini and garlic with 1 Tbsp olive oil.
- Spread mixture on a cookie sheet, place in oven and roast approximately 15 minutes or until zucchini is softened and lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions, add asparagus and peas the last 3-4 minutes of cook time.
- Drain, transfer to a large bowl, toss mixture with zucchini, lemon zest and juice, chives, and 1 Tbsp olive oil.
- Seas Salt and Pepper to taste, if you like a bolder flavor add some balsamic vinegar!
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese, if desired!
I LOVE this Summer Garden Pasta recipe… how can you go wrong with asparagus, zucchini, and a hint of lemon?? LOVE IT…