Prepare yourselves… Jen from Bakerette is in the house! Whoot-woot 🙂
Jen’s brought a delicious Bow Tie Pasta Salad to share with us today and it looks so amazing!
Without any further adieu- I’ll turn y’all over to enjoy this delicious-ness…
Planning a picnic? Pack this pleasing Bow Tie Pasta Salad and get ready to relax because it is SO easy and SO delish.
There’s so much fresh produce in abundance and what a better way to add some of those fresh vegetables than in a bow tie pasta salad tossed in a creamy Italian dressing. Eat it as a side dish, or toss in some grilled chopped chicken for an amazing main dish! The possibilities are endless.
Some fun mix-ins to try are broccoli and edamame for an extra nutritional punch.
Thanks Ruthie for allowing me to play in your space another month! Have a wonderful, happy July!
Looking for more great ideas? Try these other recipes found at Bakerette.com. Click on photos for complete recipes:
- 1 pound bow tie pasta
- 2 carrots, shredded and chopped
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1/3 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 cup sliced black olives
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1/3 cup real mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- !Optional Mix-ins:
- 1 cup frozen edamame, out of the pods
- 1 broccoli crown, chopped into bite-size florets
- Chopped chicken breast
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain pasta in a colander over the sink. Rinse well under cold water and make sure to drain off all liquid. Turn pasta into a large mixing bowl and toss with shredded cheese, cherry tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, and olives.
- In a small bowl, whisk together salad dressing, mayonnaise, onion, salt and pepper to taste. Pour over pasta mixture and toss until pasta is well coated. Serve immediately or cover and chill for 2 hours to allow flavors to meld together before serving.
If adding edamame and broccoli, cook pasta 3 minutes less than package instructions; add edamame and broccoli and continue boiling for 3 minutes more. Follow remaining instructions.
A huge thanks to Jen for coming to share with us today… she’s just awesome!
We would love to have you come back and join in on the party tonight at 7pm MST , we love to see your projects at Super Saturday 🙂
Jen and Ruthie