Blackberry Chocolate Mousse Parfait has some my favorite ingredients in it~ blackberries, chocolate, and graham crackers plus a dab of whipped cream for the finishing touch! YUMmmmmm!!
When my kids were little we lived in a house that an enormous blackberry patch! It grew over metal wires and they loved to play hide and seek underneath it! Luckily it was a thorn-less variety so they could play without getting scratched.
These blackberries though, they were unbelievably ginormous… like if they got plenty of water they’d get 3 inches long. I am not even joking!! AND blow your mind delicious. Oh my. My mouth is watering as I type and remember them 🙂
I’m always reminded of that delicious blackberry patch every year when the blackberries are in season. It’s hard to beat a ripe, sweet, bursting-with-flavor blackberry!
Our Blackberry Chocolate Mousse Parfait pairs fabulous blackberries, chocolate mousse, and cinnamon graham crackers. What else does one need? Oh… the whipped cream! Yes, that perfectly completes the flavors 🙂
AND why is everything in a mason jar just so much cuter? I love the way our Blackberry Chocolate Mousse Parfait look in those adorable little jars.
- 6 ounces 1 1/2 cups 62% semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup crumbled cinnamon graham crackers, I love trader joes brand
- 2 cups fresh blackberries
- 1 1/2 cups whipped cream
- 4 pint sized mason jars
- 2 cinnamon grahams cut in half
- 4 blackberries
- 4 tablespoons whipped cream
- Chocolate Mousse:
- Have a large bowl of ice water ready by the stove.
- In sauce pan, combine chocolate and heavy cream, cook over medium heat until chocolate begins to melt and the cream is almost simmering.
- Whisk the chocolate and cream until smooth.
- Whisk in the vanilla and powdered sugar.
- Remove from heat and place pan into the bowl of ice water (don't let allow water into pan)
- Whisk until the mixture is creamy smooth and softly holds it's shape. (approx 6-7 minutes)
- Spoon into a serving bowl and chill for two hours.
- Assembling Parfaits:
- Evenly sprinkle 2 tablespoons graham crumbles in the base of each mason jar.
- Top with 1/2 cup chocolate mousse, smooth to fill sides of jar.
- Top with 1/4 cup whipped cream, smooth to fill sides.
- Evenly divide blackberries into each jar.
- Repeat layers of graham crumbles and chocolate mouse.
- Before serving top off with garnishments.
Blackberry Chocolate Mousse Parfait is a fabulous way to end a lovely evening!
Much Love and Peace~