Our Red Velvet Cupcakes Recipe are a lovely addition to your Valentines Day Celebrations! Today’s red velvet cakes are an adorably sweet way to share home baked love. Feel all the joy of baking red velvet cupcakes!
Why we love Red Velvet Cupcakes Recipe
We love cupcakes–they’re the perfect ratio of cake to frosting! Our Red Velvet Cupcakes recipe are decadent with a moist crumb they make a lovely little gift or serve them at your Valentines Day gathering this year!
All your loved ones will rave about them!
Ingredients in Red Velvet Cupcakes Recipe
- unsweetened cocoa powder
- baking soda
- sea salt
- neufatchel cream cheese
- lowfat sour cream
- bottle red food coloring
Helpful baking tips for higher elevations
- If you live 3,000 feet above sea level or more it is considered high elevation and may take longer to cook/bake.
- Adjustments are needed for 5000+ feet and above:
- Reduce baking powder: for each teaspoon, decrease 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon.
- Reduce sugar: for each cup, decrease 2 tablespoons.
- Increase liquid: for each cup, add 2 to 4 tablespoons.
- Increase oven temperature by 25 degrees F.
- Check if it is done a little early.
- This takes some trial and error to get it right for you.
Learn more HERE
- Red Velvet Cupcakes:
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 (4 ounce) neufatchel cream cheese
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup lowfat sour cream
- 1 (1 ounce) bottle red food coloring
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- Vanilla Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 (8 oz) neufatchel cream cheese
- 4 tablespoon butter, softened
- 2 tablespoon lowfat sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- desired sprinkles to garnish
- Cup Cakes:
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda, salt, in a medium sized mixing bowl; mix well. In a large mixing bowl combine butter, cream cheese and sugar; beat until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time; beating well with each addition.
- Add sour cream, food coloring, vanilla; mix well.
- Add dry ingredients 1 cup at a time; mixing well with each addition.
- Mix just until incorporated.
- Bake 20-25 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove to cooling rack.
- Cool completely.
- In a mixing bowl combine cream cheese and butter; mix well.
- Add sour cream and vanilla; mix well.
- Add powdered sugar 1 cup at a time; mixing until incorporated with each addition. Using a 1M Wilton Star tip and a large piping bag; begin piping at the outer edge and circle frosting into the center.
- Garnish with desired sprinkles.
- Enjoy your Red Velvet Cupcakes Recipe!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 290Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 52mgSodium: 172mgCarbohydrates: 48gFiber: 1gSugar: 36gProtein: 4g
More Valentines Recipes
- Godiva Strawberry Banana Kabobs (copycat) Recipe
- Chocolate Covered Cherry Bundt Cake
- Chocolate Valentine Whoopie Pies
- Dark Chocolate Raspberry Cups
- Chocolate Filled Cupcakes with Rose Water Frosting Recipe
- Chocolate Mousse Cake with Fresh Berries
- Chocolate Rose Martini Recipe
- Dark Chocolate Brownies Recipe
- Chocolate Mousse Cake with Fresh Berries
- Traditional French Chocolate Mousse
- Dark Chocolate Stuffed Croissants
One more thing before you go…
We love creating recipes and sharing our adventures with you, so if you can do us a huge favor it’d really support us! It’s easier to stay motivated to share our best with you when we hear from you! We adore our readers and it really makes our day to get comments, social tags/shares, or pins that you save for later to share with your family and friends.
Our hearts sing when you do.
We SEE you and we do our very best to respond to all the love! It also amps up our mo-jo so we get lots of awesome things done around here. Please reach out if you have questions or comments via our email: firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re excited to see you again soon!
Thanks for sharing in the CWR blog-love!
Ruthie & Madeliene
- Buttermilk Greek Yogurt Pancakes Recipe
- Tres Leches Cake with Strawberries Recipe
- Green Chili Black Beans Recipe
- Vanilla Cupcake Cocktail Recipe
- Chinese Pickled Vegetables Recipe
- Lemon Cupcakes with Lavender Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe
- Hot Turkey Provolone Sandwich with Basil Mayo Recipe
- Almond Butter Banana Oat Smoothie Recipe
- No Bake Oreo Cheesecake Recipe
- Skinny Pumpkin Fluff Recipe
- Cafe Rio Sweet Pork (copycat)
- Disney Caramel Apple Pie Recipe