Fall is in the air around our neck of the woods… the days are getting shorter, the nights are getting cooler, and the leaves are beginning to turn. I can’t help but think of all the yummy pumpkin, apple, and peachy things there are to make!!! These Apple Cider Cupcakes cupcakes are a super easy spin off a cake mix! I made them last Sunday for my nieces and nephews, they were so sad to be limited to only 2 each! (Except my littlest niece, Tessa, she just wanted refills on the frosting…twice!!) I quickly told them the Apple Cider Cupcake recipe would be posted for their mommy to make at home… hint, hint Louise 😉
|Apple Cider Cupcakes|
Apple Cider Cupcakes
1 box spice cake mix
1 1/3 C apple cider (or replace the amount of water on the box)
1/3 C oil
2 C chopped walnuts (can omit)
Pre heat oven to 325 degrees. Line muffin pan with paper baking cups. In a bowl, whip eggs, drizzle in oil, add cake mix, then apple cider. Beat at medium speed for 2 minutes. Hand stir in walnuts Fill cups 3/4 full.
Bake 325 degrees 20-25 minutes
|I made this Apple Cider but it can be store bought|
|Beat eggs, drizzle in oil, add cake mix|
|Add Apple Cider|
|Fill muffin tins 2/3 way full (Jake was my helper today!)|
Apple Cider Frosting
1/2 C softened butter
1/4 C apple cider
4 C powdered sugar
Whip the butter, add apple cider, whip 2 minutes till creamed. Gradually beat in the powdered sugar until smooth. Frost cupcakes and garnish with sprinkled cinnamon, if desired.
(To do the swirl top frosting, double the batch, use a # 1M round or star tip, a large coupler, and a large frosting bag)
|Frosting is a stiff peak consistency|
|Apple Cider Cupcakes w/o cinnamon|
Apple Cider Cupcakes are surprisingly easy and super delicious!! It’s a fun recipe for a fall treat 🙂
Apple Cider Cupcakes
These Apple Cider Cupcakes cupcakes are a super easy spin off a cake mix.
- 1 box spice cake mix
- 1 1/3 cup apple cider, or replace the amount of water on the box
- 1/3 cup oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups chopped walnuts, can omit
- For frosting:
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1/4 cup apple cider
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- Pre heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Line muffin pan with paper baking cups. I
- n a bowl, whip eggs, drizzle in oil, add cake mix, then apple cider.
- Beat at medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Hand stir in walnuts
- Fill cups 3/4 full.
- Bake 325 degrees 20-25 minutes
- For Frosting:
- Whip the butter, add apple cider, whip 2 minutes till creamed.
- Gradually beat in the powdered sugar until smooth.
- Frost cupcakes and garnish with sprinkled cinnamon, if desired.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 296Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 33mgSodium: 200mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 1gSugar: 29gProtein: 3g
- Cranberry Orange Loaf with Orange Frosting Recipe
- Baked Gingerbread Doughnuts Recipe
- Chocolate Filled Cupcakes with Rose Water Frosting Recipe
- Tiffany Blue Frosting Recipe
- Reece’s Peanut Butter Cup Bars
- Eggnog Bundt Cake with Eggnog Frosting Recipe
- Candy Cane White Chocolate Mini Cheesecakes Recipe
- Breast Cancer Awareness Cupcakes
These look so good, I'm so excited to try them. I do have a question though, how do you make your Apple Cider?
I just use apple juice and the mulling spices and steeping ball from William and Sonoma's….. My sister gave me them for Christmas several years ago but they still sell them. Store bought apple cider or the fresh stuff would be yummy too!!