Our cute friend Jen from Bakerette is going to rock your world!
Her Crock Pot Meat Loaf looks too good to be true… Enjoy!
Everyone will love this version of Crock Pot Meat Loaf made with green pepper, onion, a little sage for extra flavor, and a sauce to die for.
It is a week of Crock Pot meals! And, no, I’m not complaining either because I love recipes in the slow cooker!
This Crock Pot meat loaf recipe is what you eat when you want an easy meal that will be ready after a long day’s work.
Um, let’s talk about my meat loaf recipe…in the crock pot…
- First, it is a serious dish that is mouthwatering.
- Second, it has a little sage for extra flavor–seriously, it gives it the right kick in the pants that any meat loaf needs.
- Third, it’s EASY!
- Fourth, the sauce is to die for! Pinky swear (yes, I say that a lot, but it’s true)!
- Fifth, it will taste like you’ve been cooking all day (well, technically the Crock Pot has but…shhhh…no need to tell anyone)!
If you love this crock pot meat loaf recipe, check out these other slow cooker recipes at Bakerette.com:
- 2 pounds extra lean ground beef
- 1/2 green pepper, diced
- 1/2 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 egg
- 1 cup quick oats or 2/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Grease the inside of a 5-quart slow cooker
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients for meatloaf. Shape into a loaf the size of your slow cooker and place in prepared Crock Pot. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until a meat thermometer inserted in the middle reads 160 degrees F (71 degrees C).
- Whisk together all ingredients in a small bowl; spoon over meatloaf the last 15 minutes and continue to cook on low until heated through. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting and serving.
A ginormous thank you to Jen for coming to make our lives a little easier- I love my slow cooker and can’t wait to give this recipe a try.
xoxo~ Jen and Ruthie