As I write this, I have just rounded out a full day of working mommy-hood! Complete with implementing new HR controls at work among all my usual/unusual daily tasks as the Curator of M&Z Chaos, picking up Hunter and friends from spring performance practice (and still slacking on the White Horse costume), responding to emails regarding our completely D-E-A-D HVAC unit (thank goodness Spring isn’t here just yet), and figuring out how in the world we are possibly going to be packed and ready to go on Spring Break in less than 36 hours.
Just a day in the life.
I will say, despite the daily madness, I still truly try to find the time to cook dinner not only for the well-being of my family, but for my own sanity. I am pretty sure that if you are reading this blog that you get it and that you also find solace and comfort in cooking and somehow it has the magical way of taking away the worries and wears of the chaotic days for you, too.
- 1 cup tri-color pearl couscous
- 1 1/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4-5 cloves roasted garlic cloves, I picked up caramelized roasted garlic cloves at the antipasti bar at our grocery store
- 1 cup chopped baby bella mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs (i.e. thyme, rosemary
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Bring chicken broth to a boil.
- Add salt, butter and couscous
- Return to boil and reduce to simmer.
- Cover and cook for 10-12 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a saute pan over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms and garlic.
- Saute until tender.
- Add herbs and stir to combine.
- Add mixture to cooked couscous.
- Season with onion powder, salt & pepper.
- Serve warm.
This couscous dish is an uncomplicated way of escaping your daily woes while putting something delicious on your family table. I hope you enjoy and I hope to greet you all back again next month with a less crazy day on my hands!
Thank you again for having me join y’all!
If you like this side dish, you might also like:
- Holiday Overnight Oats Recipe
- Perfect Cranberry Sauce Recipe
- Primavera Pizza Recipe
- Irish Bangers & Mash with Brown Gravy Recipe
- Dried Hibiscus Flower & Dark Chocolate Power Bites Recipe
- Vanilla Cupcake Cocktail Recipe
- 10 Healthy Travel Tips & Cheerios Snack Mix Recipe
- Tropical Chocolate Protein Smoothie Recipe