Our Taco Casserole Recipe is a great way to feed a crowd and favorite around our dinner table! We think you’ll agree that taco’s, in general, are an American family favorite and this version of them is a well loved recipe with our Cooking with Ruthie readers! It’s easy to see why because our taco casserole combines broken taco shells, browned ground beef, onion, taco sauce, green chilis, cheddar cheese, taco flavoring, and some awesome toppings too! It’s like taco magic in a pan. . . our taco casserole with broken taco shells is sure to be a favorite with the whole family.
Today’s Taco Casserole Recipe is reader favorite!
Taco Casserole is sure to win the heart and tummies of every member of the family. It’s also a great recipe to take with you to gathering because everyone raves about it. We love our readers and over the years you’ve really LOVED some of our recipes which makes our little cooking hearts soooooo happy! 🙂 Our Taco Casserole Recipe is one of them and we are thrilled that you love it! If it’s your first time here with us we’d love to stay connected on social media or subscribe to get our emails so we can stay in touch!!
Enjoy our Taco Casserole Recipe and more of CWR reader favorites!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 (8 ounce) bottled taco sauce
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 can, 4 oz diced green chiles
- 1 package taco seasoning mix
- 1 package, 12 count taco shells, broken
- 2 cups shredded mild cheddar cheese, divided
- Optional toppings: chopped tomatoes, green bell pepper, sour cream
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray with cooking spray 11x7 inch baking dish.
- Cook beef and onion in a large skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until beef is browned.
- Drain and discard excess fat.
- Stir in taco sauce, water, chiles and seasoning mix; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Cook 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Layer half of broken taco shells on bottom of prepared baking dish.
- Cover with half of meat mixture; sprinkle with 1 cup cheese.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is melted.
- Serve with desired toppings.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 269Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 54mgSodium: 259mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 16g
Enjoy our popular baked Taco Casserole Recipe this weekend- it’s perfect for the whole family!
We love to hear about your magical cooking moments. If you get a chance to make our recipes then leave us a comment or tag us on Instagram @cookingwithruthie, pin us on Pinterest, or follow along with us on Facebook so we can share in the joy of cooking with you! Please reach out if you have questions or comments via our email: firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re excited to see you again soon!
One more thing before you go…
We love creating recipes and sharing our adventures with you, so if you can do us a huge favor it’d really support us! It’s easier to stay motivated to share our best with you when we hear from you!! We adore our readers and it really makes our day to get comments, social tags/shares, or pins that you save for later to share with your family and friends! Our hearts sing when you do. We SEE you and we do our very best to respond to all the love! It also amps up our mo-jo so we get lots of awesome things done around here.
Thanks for sharing in the CWR blog-love!
Ruthie & Madeliene