Taco Casserole is a groovy and exciting way to serve up a good ole’ taco 😉
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 C chopped onion
- 1 bottle, 8 oz taco sauce
- 3/4 C water
- 1 can, 4 oz diced green chiles
- 1 package taco seasoning mix
- 1 package, 12 count taco shells, broken
- 2 cups shredded mild cheddar cheese, divided
- Optional: chopped tomatoes, green bell pepper, sour cream
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray with cooking spray 11x7 inch baking dish.
- Cook beef and onion in a large skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until beef is browned.
- Drain and discard excess fat.
- Stir in taco sauce, water, chiles and seasoning mix; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Cook 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Layer half of broken taco shells on bottom of prepared baking dish.
- Cover with half of meat mixture; sprinkle with 1 cup cheese.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is melted.
- Serve with desired toppings.
It sure is a nice way to cut down on a little bit of the mess with this baked Taco Casserole… it’s perfect for the whole family!
I’m SO happy it’s Friday!! We’ve had a week of rainy weather- which is perfect for that newly planted garden. BUT… I must admit I’m looking forward to some sunny skies this weekend 🙂