This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SmithfieldFast #RealFlavorRealFast #CollectiveBias
Tomatillo Pulled Pork Taco Recipe are tex-mex heaven with only 6 ingredients and your slow cooker! We love our slow cooker recipes. . . they’re simple to toss together in the morning, head out the door, and return home to savory aromas wafting through the house and dinner ready to go! Our Tomatillo Pulled Pork Tacos could not get any easier–tomatillo salsa, Smithfield Roasted Garlic and Cracked Pepper Organic Pork Loin, avocado, tomato, lime, and cilantro all tucked into a corn tortilla. OMG. Tex-mex heaven times a million!!
We can not get enough of our Tomatillo Pulled Pork Taco Recipe
We are gearing up for fall with this fantastic, easy, and DELICIOUS recipe. Seriously… this recipe will knock your socks off. My husband and I could not get over how tasty these tacos are and the minimal effort that was put forth to get these babies on our table! We simply love using Smithfield® Marinated Fresh Pork–the versatility, convenience and quality is unbeatable at Walmart. I love how they are already perfectly marinated and perfectly seasoned for you! It truly does make it a quick, hassle-free, delicious meal, with all real natural ingredients, in no time. That just screams happiness to me!!! Anyone else?!
Learn more here– Smithfield’s website.
AND we have an awesome sweepstakes opportunity to share with you all! We aren’t holding back any goodness from anyone today! 😉 You could win a trip to wine country with Smithfield® Marinated Fresh Pork and Gallo® Family Vineyards. Sweepstakes information and rules can be found at https://www.smithfieldrealflavorrealfast.com/
Tomatillo Pulled Pork Taco Recipe in 4 easy steps
- Preheat slow cooker and coat ceramic insert with cooking spray.
- Slice Smithfield Roasted Garlic and Cracked Pepper Organic Pork Loin into 1 inch thick slices, evenly place in bottom of slow cooker, and pour tomatillo salsa on top.
- Cover and cook for 3 hours on low or 6 hours on high.
- When ready to serve, shred with two forks and serve in toasty corn tortilla with desired toppings!
- Enjoy your Tex-mex HEAVEN!! 🙂
- 1.5-2 pounds Smithfield Roasted Garlic and Cracked Pepper Organic Pork Loin
- 16 ounces mild tomatillo salsa
- 12 corn tortillas
- 2 tomatoes, small diced
- 2 avocado, small diced
- 2 limes, cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves
- Preheat slow cooker on high and coat ceramic insert with cooking spray.
- Slice pork loin into 1 inch thick slices and evenly arrange on the bottom of slow cooker, pour tomatillo salsa over pork; cover and cook for 3 hours on low or 6 hours on high.
- When ready to serve shred pork with 2 forks, warm corn tortillas in fry pan, add shredded pork to tortillas; top with tomatoes, avocado, and cilantro.
- Serve warm with lime wedge.
- Enjoy your Tomatillo Pulled Pork Taco Recipe!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 125Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 36mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 5gSugar: 3gProtein: 3g
If you love Smithfield® Pork as much as we do, then you’ll enjoy these other recipes, too! 🙂
Slow Cooker Tips & Tricks
Let’s just have a little talk about our slow cookers for a minute. . .
As most of you know, I’m a graduate of Culinary School, and one of the classes that’s required is Sanitation and Safety. During this class we had an eye-opening chat about slow cookers and how, if not careful, they can be the perfect breeding ground for bacteria and pathogens. Here are some tips and tricks to help keep your food, you, and your family healthy!
- Preheat your crock pot just like you preheat your oven. Plug it in and turn it to the high setting to get it nice and hot from the start for cooking. After all, there is only one little probe heating the whole slow cooker!
- Add everything into the crock pot as warmed up as it can be. This is where you need to be cautious and make sure it is all hot and up to cooking temperature in 2-3 hours.
- If food stays between 41 degrees and 135 degrees for 4 hours, then it needs to be thrown out because the bacteria and pathogens have had much too much time to grow and a food borne illness is a likely result.
- If you add meat; be sure it is thawed and NEVER added frozen, if it’s beef or pork, make sure to brown it first.
- Add liquids hot: use HOT water or warm up any liquids in the microwave first and then add them into the crockpot already hot.
- Spray the ceramic insert with cooking spray to make clean up a snap! It’ll wipe out with no sticking!
Slow Cookers are wonderful things and if we take a couple of quick precautions to keep food safe while using them… they are even better! 🙂
Tomatillo Pulled Pork Taco Recipe will surprise you with an amazing taste that only required a little effort!
We love to hear about your magical cooking moments! If you get a chance to make our recipes then leave us a comment or tag us on Instagram @cookingwithruthie, pin us on Pinterest, or follow along with us on Facebook so we can share in the joy of cooking with you! Please reach out if you have questions or comments via our email: email@example.com. We’re excited to see you again soon!
One more thing before you go…
We love creating recipes and sharing our adventures with you, so if you can do us a huge favor it’d really support us! It’s easier to stay motivated to share our best with you when we hear from you!! We adore our readers and it really makes our day to get comments, social tags/shares, or pins that you save for later to share with your family and friends! Our hearts sing when you do! We SEE you and we do our very best to respond to all the love! It also amps up our mo-jo so we get lots of awesome things done around here.
Thanks for sharing in the CWR blog-love!
Ruthie & Madeliene