Happy April Fools Day! I hope you get lots of love and not so many tricks today 🙂
Spring is that crazy time of year when the weather can flip from a warm sunny days a to cold and wintery one without a moments notice!
At least in my neck of the woods 🙂
Soooo, there’s no better way than a little Panera Bread Broccoli Cheese Soup (copycat)
to help stay warm and cozy even on those chilly days!
I try to make the majority of my recipes as healthy as possible so I skinnied them down without losing any of the flavor… now that’s a win-win in my book 🙂
- 1 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/4 C butter
- 1/4 C flour
- 2 C fat-free half-and-half cream
- 2 C chicken stock
- 1/2 lb fresh broccoli
- 1 C carrot, julienned
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 8 oz grated sharp cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper
- Sauté onion in butter
- Set aside
- Melt butter in sauce pan over medium high heat, add flour using a whisk for 3-5 minutes
- Stir constantly and add the fat-free half & half
- Add the chicken stock
- Simmer for 20 minutes
- Add the broccoli, carrots and onions
- Cook over low heat 20-25 minutes
- Add salt and pepper
- Puréed in a blender
- Return to heat and add cheese
- Stir in nutmeg
* I got this recipe from my BFF, Carol Ray 🙂 Thanks girl!
I hope you enjoy this Panera Broccoli Cheese Soup (copycat) as much as we do- it’s delicious.
Hope you have a super awesome Tuesday!
PS- I shared this recipe over at Or so she says too.