We are in the kitchen with Amanda from High Heels to Hot Wheels and she has brought a delicious appetizer to share with us!
Cheese Bread Sticks and they sound delicious 🙂
So, we’re all “Fa La La La” and “Jingle All the Way” right now.
Tis the season of eating……well, there is lots more to this season than eating, but you get what I’m trying to say. It seems like all we do this time of year is eat, so if that’s all we’re doing, then let’s keep doing it! Whether planning a big spread for your holiday party or if you need to throw something together quickly for an impromptu gathering this appetizer will be perfect.
It isn’t quite as crispy as a cheese straw, but not quite as soft as a bread stick, so I guess the best way to describe it is a Cheese Bread Stick. They can be made ahead of time and served at room temperature, but I tell ya, it is pretty darn tasty when served with warm marinara as a dipping sauce. If you want to make these, but aren’t having a party, you could package them festively in an airtight baggie tied with bakers’ twine and a little jar of marinara and give it as a hostess gift.
- 1 3/4 cup flour, unsifted
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup milk
- Stir together flour, baking powder, salt, garlic powder and cayenne pepper.
- Stir in shortening and cheese.
- Stir in milk 1/4 cup at a time enough to form a dough, but not sticky.
- Using a teaspoon scoop, scoop out dough and roll into a bowl with hand.
- Form ball into a 6" stick.
- Place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 minutes.
- Place on wire rack to cool.
- Serve with warm marinara sauce as an appetizer.
I wish you and yours the happiest of holidays this season. Thank you all so much for having me back each month. I can’t wait to share wonderful new recipes in the New Year.
All my love,
If you like this easy holiday appetizer, you might also like these:
I love having Amanda come and share with us… don’t you think her Cheese Bread Sticks look delish!
I am a carbo-lovin-lady for sure and I can’t wait to give them a try.
xoxo~ Amanda and Ruthie