Have you heard that Truvia® just launched a brand new product? The Truvia® Brown Sugar Blend! It’s deliciously awesome and just so much fun to use in your baking! It’s also the perfect reduced calorie brown sugar replacer for your favorite recipes…
I developed my Truvia® Browned Butter Oatmeal Raisin Cookies in celebration!
But first off, a little info for you and the scoop on a REALLY cool contest that you’ll totally want to be apart of…
Here’s a sweet idea for the kitchen — new Truvía® Brown Sugar Blend, a delicious blend of Truvía® natural sweetener and brown sugar. It has the texture, moisture and taste you adore about brown sugar, but with 75% fewer calories.
So satisfy your sweet spot, bake to your heart’s content and surprise your friends and family with succulent, reduced sugar recipes. Truvía® Brown Sugar Blend has arrived!
AND now let’s get all movie-star-ish with this awesome contest that just started… You can SUBMIT YOUR VERY OWN VIDEO!
Show us your best recipe using Truvia® Brown Sugar Blend and/or Truvia®Baking Blend and you could be named the Truvia® Baking Star!
-Simply upload a short video (2 minutes max) of you baking your best original recipes using Truvia® Brown Sugar Blend and/or Truvia® Baking Blend. You could be one of three people, along with a guest of your choice, who win a trip to New York City to compete for the title of Truvia® Baking Star!
-The judges will select the grand prize winner, who will get the chance to film a professionally-produced Truvia® Baking Star video that will be featured on YouTube!
-Truvia® brand is partnering with 4 of YouTube’s top foodies, including a gourmet chef and healthy living expert, to launch the Truvia® Baking Star contest. Gaby Dalkin, Byron Talbott, April Moore and Joanne Ozug created a series of recipe videos which all use the new Truvia® Brown Sugar Blend~ make sure and check them out!
SO…. let’s not forget our mouth-watering, take you back to grandma’s kitchen, comforting Truvia® Browned Butter Oatmeal Raisin Cookies…
- 1/2 C butter, softened
- 3/4 C Truvia® Brown Sugar Blend
- 1/4 C Truvia® Baking Blend
- 1/2 C non-fat greek yogurt
- 1 whole egg and 2 egg whites
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 C flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 3 C old fashioned oats
- 1 C raisins, I used jumbo black raisins
- 1/2 C water
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Coat half sheet pan with cooking spray; set aside.
- In small sauce pan add water and raisins, bring to boil over medium high and then reduce to simmer until liquid is mostly evaporated.
- In a large mixing bowl cream butter, add Truvia® Brown Sugar Blend and Truvia® Baking Blend, cream 2 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add greek yogurt; cream.
- Add eggs; cream.
- Add vanilla: cream.
- In a small mixing bowl combine flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg; stir to combine.
- All at once, add dry mixture to wet mixture, mix to 80% combined.
- Add oats and raisins; stir lightly just to incorporate.
- Using a large cookie scoop or Tablespoonfuls, drop cookies onto prepared pan.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned, remove from oven, sprinkle with additional Truvia® Brown Sugar Blend (if desired), cool for 1 minute, move to cooling rack to completely cool.
Oh my goodness… you’ll be so happy with these little beauties they’re a tasty reduced calorie way to satisfy any sweet tooth 🙂
PS- this post is sponsored by Truvia® and the opinions expressed are genuine and my own